Pntium 4 system, GeForce 6200 512 mb vs. HD 4650

Ok, i have a Pentium 4 computer with a pentium 4 2 GHz, GeForce 6200 512 MB AGP and 1.75 GB off RAM.
I get an average of 25FPS in CoD4 on absolutely lowest settings or yitch3config.. If i changed to the HD 4650 512 MB AGP, would it give me better FPS, or is my CPU too much of a bottleneck?

And also, would upgrading to 2 or 2.5 GB of RAM help any? im runninx windows XP. :kaola:
11 answers Last reply
More about pntium system geforce 6200 4650
  1. Your CPU will bottleneck it it will still give you a huge performance boost.
    Upgrading your RAM will help but your performance is still limited because of your CPU.
  2. So i would get a performance boost, but it will still be bottlenecked. That was acually kind of what i was looking for, i need a boost of around 10-20 FPS... Do you think it would give me that?
  3. Pent.4 at 2GHz? No, i guess you will better save your money to BUILD a whole new system, seriously, pent.4 at 2GHz is not going to take you anywhere...

If you can OC it a little bit, let's say 3.0GHz then i think you will get more fps, not much but you will see performance increase...
  4. I suggest that fi you are unwilling or can't afford a new system at this time then go ahead with your upgrade if it keeps you slugging along for another year. Ram yes on any system the more the better.
  5. Yh OC a "little" bit.. 50% is way too much and i have never done it before...
  6. eilif said:
    So i would get a performance boost, but it will still be bottlenecked. That was acually kind of what i was looking for, i need a boost of around 10-20 FPS... Do you think it would give me that?

Yes,i think you will even see more performance boost(approximately up to 30FPS depending on the games/settings), so overall its a huge upgrade but like i mentioned your CPU will still be a bottleneck.
  7. The least you can do is buy a dirt cheap 2.4ghz+ p4 that has a 512kb cache that has at least a 533mhz or 800mhz fsb for like $15.
  8. i got a 533 MHz Gigabyte GA-8STXC Motherboard. And im not planning any high-end setup, i want to be able to play my games on LOWESt, i repeat, LOWEST settings with playable FPS. Not maxed out, LOWEST SETTINGS! Some persons have trouble understanding that. But yes i know its an ancient crap heap... But 30 FPS is just what ive been looking for. Thanks for answering :)
  9. Let us know how it goes so we have an idea on how effective the recommendations provided were.
  10. But guys, i need toms help. It says i got a Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz, 2.02 GHz. What does the 2.02 GHz mean? I know by CPU-z that its a single core with no HT... WHat does this mean? xD
  11. This means that your motherboard is probably factory overclocked slightly. This is done sometimes to increase benchmarks between boards and other times it is because a different clock generator is used that results in a slightly different clock speed compared to a different board. It is nothing to worry about. 2.00 and 2.02 is quite comparable overall.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Pentium Geforce Graphics