Malice36

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Okay, I've never built my own PC before and this is what I've already gone and ordered before finding out about this site... :(

I'd like to know if there are going to be any compatibility issues or any issues at all really.

Also I did do research on my parts but, being the newb that I am, I may have missed some things.

[fixed]
MOBO:

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA1156 | P55 | DDR3 | 2 PCI-E16 | 3 PCI-E1 | 2PCI SLI CrossFireX | USB 3.0 | SATA 6GB

CPU:

Intel Core i5 760 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield | LGA1156 | 2.8GHZ | 8MB Cache | Retail Box

RAM:

Corsair XMS3 Dominator 4GB DDR3 | 2X2GB DDR3-1600 | CL 7-8-7-20 | Core i5 i7 | Dual Channel Memory Kit

GPU:

ASUS Radeon HD 5850 DirectCU 765MHZ | 1Gb | GDDR5 | 4.5GHZ | DX11 | PCI-E Video Card

PSU:

Corsair TX850W 850W CMPSU-850TX 12V | 70A | 24PIN | ATX Active PFC 140M Fan Power Supply

Case:

Cooler Master HAF 932 - Black Edition Full Tower E-ATX Case

HDD:

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | SATA3 6GB/S | 7200RPM | 64MB Cache | 3.5IN Dual Proc | OEM

Sound Card:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer 24BIT Sound Card | 7.1 PCI | Retail Box | Bilingual

DVD Burner:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST | 24X | SATA DVD Writer | OEM | Black[/fixed]

My main purposes for this computer will be Hardcore Gaming, Web Surfing, watching Anime and Movies.

I am REALLY hoping all this is compatible and that there won't be anything wrong. I was thinking of getting a CPU Cooler and the two possibilities right now are between Noctua's NH-D14 and Corsair's A70 but I'm not sure either one would even fit... I read somewhere that the Corsair's Dominator RAM sticks are kind of tall and that might be a problem considering the sizes of the CPU coolers.

Now for OC'ing... It's something I was considering AFTER I had purchased another EAH5850 for CrossFire and all the necessary fans for CPU cooling [Not up for trying Watercooling on first build]. So it's probably not something I need to worry about right now.

About the fans I mentioned as well, I'd like some that are relatively quiet yet are powerful enough to keep everything at a nice temp. I'm considering getting Sunbeam's Rheobus Extreme Fan Controller... It's just that the LED's are blue and not red, I'm not really into the whole, "differently colored lights all over the place look". :heink:

Lol.

Helpful replies would be much appreciated.

vindictive

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
it all works, but the HD was a waste of $40 when you coulda got the Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1tb for $50 right now.
I would've gotten a different GPU.
wouldn't have gotten a sound card because its unnecessary.
get the SCMG-2100 cooler

Malice36

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I'll get that HD as well... I plan to have a few of them [Was planning on all WD though].

I only went with the WD HD because I've yet to have ANY problems with their products. Upgraded my PS3's HD, a while back, from a 60GB Seagate to a 320GB WD and it's working great. Haven't been able to do much with the Seagate HD, just sits there. Tried using an external HD case but it doesn't work in any of them so far. Have returned 3 cases because the HD is never detected for some reason, but it works fine when I put in back into the PS3.

As for the GPU and Sound Card choices of mine. I went with the EAH5850 because it had some pretty good reviews and from what I read there weren't any HUGE differences between the other 5850 cards, other than Brand/Prices. The other GPU cards that were actually better were too pricey for me though, so 5850 it had to be.

Got the sound card because I seem to have problems with the integrated cards on MOBO's not working or being too staticy. The current one in the MOBO I have right now sends very loud/sharp sounding noises to the people receiving when I'm in Vent/Team Speak/Video or Audio calls. So, I'm betting on having better sound quality from the card I'll get... or at least I hope it will be.

The SCMG-2100 looks pretty nice... but also kind of big. Will it fit with the 4GB of Corsair Dominator RAM in there? And possibly with another 4GB added in later [if possible]?