Overclocking GTX 460 768MB

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I'm trying to overclock my relatively new graphics card and so far I've gotten to 800 MHz on the core, 1600 MHz on the Shader and 1950 MHz on the Memory with a 60% fan speed. Is this a good and well-balanced overclock? I've run the MSI Kombustor program and haven't notices any artifacts so far, but will it run fine in games? This is the first card I'm overclocking and I want to get it done right. Also, Afterburner says my core voltage is 975mV. Should I change this or not? If so, what should I set it to? Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much!!

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Congrats! You have got a good overclock.It should run most games very good.Increase the core voltage only if you want more, but I don't think it will go more than 1050mV(or something close to that)using Afterburner.
HAPPY GAMING!

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
thanks a lot for the help! how much should i increase the core voltage by each time, because i increase the core by 25 mHz and the memory by 50 MHz each time

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010

Ok thanks a lot! By the way for some reason my BIOS has absolutely NO options for increasing the FSB or multiplier of my CPU. DO you know why, and is there an application that let's you overclock your CPU directly from your desktop like MSI Afterburner for graphics cards?

TRENDING THREADS