HWMonitor issues

jfinet

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I want to do some game testing to see how the temperatures handle some stress on this new build ... I installed HWMonitor and it showed cpu and gpu and fans ... all data in one screen ... then after a couple days ... it would only show the gpu temp ... nothing else ... could not see any way to adjust it ... so uninstalled and reinstalled ... no change ... somehow I lost the cpu and fan information with HWMonitor ... very strange ... anyone have any ideas ... I have run real temp as a way to monitor cpu temps until I get hwmonitor to work again ... thanks ... John

As far as I know, there is a free version and a pay version. The free one does mask some of the readings. I have also used speedfan and everest to check my system temps and such, so if you need a second opinion on your readings, try one of those programs.

jfinet

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I have the free version ... and it worked with all temps and fans when I first loaded it ... but now it only shows graphics temp ... maybe the free version is only free for a couple days?

jfinet

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
Solved! ... seems one must download and run CPU-Z first ... and then HWMonitor ... for HWMonitor to find everything ... strange ... but that is what I did originally ... and I had uninstalled cpu-z ... but kept hwmonitor ... and it stopped working ... glad to have it back ... it is a great program ... like having it all on one screen ... now ... testing to proceed ... John