4890 Sapphire FPS issues

hockles

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I'd like to introduce myself. My online name is hockles and i'm having issues with my graphics card (Or so i think it's my graphics card)

I'd also like to say thank you to anyone who replies and tries to help seeing as i have not contributed anything to this forum as of yet. I do intend to.

So here's my situation. about 5 months ago my hard drive and my psu both broke. It was until now that i could get a new hard drive and psu. I also bought a new case along with it.
I'll start by listing my specs:

17 920 at 2.66ghz (Stock)
Sapphire 4890 (Running at stock speeds)
4gb of G-skill ripjaw ram
EVGA x58 Sli classified motherboard
750w corsair power supply
1TB Seagate Hard drive

This is the issue:

I run Team fortress 2 (Which is a source engine game. Other games that run on source are Half life 2 and counterstrike source) and I first tested the game on full setting. My computer should be able to handle that game perfectly fine. Almost flawless as it did before. I was only getting around 25-30 fps at all times. I decided to lower my settings to the lowest resolution (Down from the highest 1920x1080 my monitor's resolution) and the lowest graphics settings too. Same fps. Nothing changed. I get this low fps in crysis too. I used to get 40-50 fps in crysis and now only get around 20.

I've tried all the driver updates possible
I've tried updating drivers for all of my other components
I've tried just about everything that i can think of

If you can help in any way please do so. I'm aware it may not be an issue with my graphics card but perhaps an issue with another component so if you have any suggestions please post them. it will be greatly appreciated even if it doesn't fix the problems.

Thank you! :D

hockles

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

How would i use these programs to check if everythings working correctly (Or not)

Would the CMOS memory really have anything to do with my FPS in games?