Sign in with
Your question

Which psu? ocz modxstream 600w or stealthxstream 2 600w?!?!?!?

Last response: in Components
February 22, 2011 8:39:58 AM

dear all the readers,

I have recently bought a new graphic card and for this reason i need a new psu to cover the amount of energy needed.

I have searched and looked on all internet to find a cost effective psu that will be able to deliver good performance at good price.

my research finished with a draw between the:

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600 W Power Supply

&

OCZ StealthXStream 600 W Power Supply

the price is almost the same ( respectively 64£ and 54£)

the review shows that the stealthxstream can give highest power but is less efficient and with higher temperature, while the modxstream is stable, cool but can give sligly less power than the above one!

i really cant decide so i will let you do it!!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!
February 22, 2011 8:57:04 AM

I would say go with the OCZ StealthXStream 600 W, it has quad 12v rails and probably more power overall. Heat doesn't really matter very much, and unless you're really fussed about the power bill, go for the StealthXStream
Related resources
February 22, 2011 9:39:06 AM

hm.. two different opinion!!!

what shall i do now?! lol

i dont care about the noise because my cpu fan is REALLY noise!!!!

beanoslim, why do you think the modx is better than the other? if you can tell me i will prob make a decision.

If temperature doesnt really matter than the stealth showed more power than the modx ( also if efficiency is less i dont care elettricity is not a problem)

thank you for the help in advice.
a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2011 9:54:02 AM

1. Modular

2. Larger quieter fan

3. Better made, the Stealth is budget minded the Mod is gaming minded.

4. The mod has typically 85% efficiency against the Stealths 80%.

5. The Mod actually supplies more power on the 12v - 504w, the Stealth is 580-155=425w.

6. The Mod and Fatal1ty look better IMO.

I have used both and the Fatal1ty, I would choose the Fatal1ty then the Mod then the Stealth.

The Stealth has a cheaper build feel than the others.

Hope this helps.
February 22, 2011 10:04:46 AM

thank you so much!!

this reply was really detailed and this is what i was looking for!!!

I decided to buy the modxstream 700watt, and prob in the next future i will buy a nice fatal1ty!!!

thank you so much for the advice again!!

byeeeeee
a c 275 ) Power supply
February 22, 2011 9:31:57 PM

I own the ModXtreme 600W and it has superior internal components compared to a Stealth 2 plus 80% modular cabling which is very nice.
beanoslim has covered it very well.
I recommend OZC units all the time they provide very good value and performance.
I just don't recommend the original Stealth model which had issues.
a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2011 9:50:29 PM

Yep, the ModX is a solid PSU. Certainly not the best, but for the price you can get it for these days, it is hard to beat. I think I have 2 or 3 of the 500W in some of my mid/low end computers and I have not experienced an issue with any of them.
February 22, 2011 9:54:33 PM

I'm using a ModXStrea 600w as we speak, and it's been absolutely rock solid, and looks sexy doing it. I can confidently say that you'll hear other parts of your machine before you can hear the fan on this PSU.
February 22, 2011 11:33:56 PM

ModXtream 600w would be my choice also as its moduler and better built.
Just my opinion.
a b ) Power supply
February 23, 2011 8:01:27 AM

someguynamedmatt said:
I'm using a ModXStrea 600w as we speak, and it's been absolutely rock solid, and looks sexy doing it. I can confidently say that you'll hear other parts of your machine before you can hear the fan on this PSU.

The Fatal1ty is even quieter and glows red.

I've had all the OCZ "budget" psu's as mentioned and over the years have had 1 RMA for a 700w ModX.
I wasn't exactly happy about having to cover the return costs to The Netherlands but I did receive a BNIB replacement.

I do wonder if their Z and Elite high end models are in the same league as Corsair, Seasonic, XFX but having now heard one of the new Corsair models I think that will be my next unit.

Nice to see some support for OCZ's quality, budget psu's.
a b ) Power supply
February 23, 2011 11:18:24 AM

Well, since OCZ bought PC Power and Cooling, I sure hope they learned how to build high end units correctly.
!