electronic wallet

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 17, 2005 9:43:31 PM

I remember someone talking about an electronic wallet that you could
download your compact flash cards into and when you get home sort them out
on your computer. Does anyone have any suggestion as to which on would be
the best bye?

More about : electronic wallet

January 17, 2005 9:43:32 PM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:43:31 GMT, "Evon" <darvince@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I remember someone talking about an electronic wallet that you could
>download your compact flash cards into and when you get home sort them out
>on your computer. Does anyone have any suggestion as to which on would be
>the best bye?

I like most of Vosonic's stuff. Of course I work in 1GB cards so the
devices that burn straight to CD don't do me any good at all (as a CD
is too small in capacity).

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 7:25:26 AM

stewy wrote:
> Some will allow you to split your 1gb
> card onto two discs and I'm sure a DVD version is just around the
corner.
> Take a look at the Apacer Disc Steno.
> http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/disc_steno....

I use the Vosonic VP300 that I bought for $85 alongwith a used 30GB 2.5
HDD for another $50.

A portable DVD-writer with a compact flash card reader would be great
but I suspect that they need to figure out power issues. A portable DVD
player without a LCD screen is still much bigger than a CD player.
Also, DVD players use 12v instead of the 3v that CD players can use.
- Siddhartha
January 18, 2005 6:08:39 PM

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> I remember someone talking about an electronic wallet that you could
> download your compact flash cards into and when you get home sort them out
> on your computer. Does anyone have any suggestion as to which on would be
> the best bye?

The only problem with these portable drives (except the iPod) is that they
sit in a drawer for 11 months of the year doing nothing. A CD burner with
built-in card readers is the best bet. Some will allow you to split your 1gb
card onto two discs and I'm sure a DVD version is just around the corner.
Take a look at the Apacer Disc Steno.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/disc_steno....
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:08:40 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:08:39 +0900, in rec.photo.digital stewy
<stewy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The only problem with these portable drives (except the iPod) is that they
>sit in a drawer for 11 months of the year doing nothing. A CD burner with
>built-in card readers is the best bet.

Another solution is the Archos Gmini series. Hard disk based MP3
player/voice recorder which will also read and store from compact flash. I
recently replaced my first gen Nixvue Digital Album with one. Much smaller
as well.
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
January 20, 2005 1:00:52 PM

"Evon" <darvince@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I remember someone talking about an electronic wallet that you could
> download your compact flash cards into and when you get home sort them out
> on your computer. Does anyone have any suggestion as to which on would be
> the best bye?

The Compact Drive PD7X is fast. Downloading a 2Gb is 7min and upload is USB2
http://www.compactdrive.net/
!