I just built my computer and wanted to test everything to make sure it works properly. Here are my specs:

PC Power and Cooling 650w mkII
ECS P67a2-h2
seagate barracuda 1tb sata 3
asus x24 burner drive
Core i5 2500k
8gb patriot g2 1600mhz
ASUS GTX 460 1gb

I started up memtest86 v4.0a to run my RAM. I ran the RAM at 1600Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.65v. It had almost made a pass, and then I left the room. I came back about 5 minutes later to see if it had kept going. When I got back, there were a bunch of random number/symbols on the screen. I didn't see any errors, but that was becasue the error place was gone and covered by the random symbols. I restarted it and it about through its second pass right now, running fine. Was the last thing bad? Does it have anything to do with my memory or componets, or just a programming error? it looked like some of the programming was on the sceen, duplicated a few times. Along with the other symbols, those were duplicated too. Thanks in advance.

I would download the latest version of MT86+, and then retest. If the problem happens again, try to take a picture of it and then post it on photobucket.com. You can then link the photo. The first two things that come to mind would be RAM or GPU. It could be GPU if were artifacts on the screen.

Well, I am running to latest version on the mentest86 website. There were no artifacts. I am gpijg through my second pass now and it is working fine. I am kinda consfused. It looks just right now. I think it was just a memtest86 error, because it didn't look like a GPU error or a memory error. Right now I am just hopoing for the best. It has been running for 1 hour and 5 minutes now without any problems. :)

Okay, I tried it again. I woke up to find it had happened again after running it overnight. I could read that it had said, pass complete, no errors found. I was happy, sounded like just a memtest glitch. Then I booted into windows 7 and I got a bluescreen. Is my hardware broken? It is all new! Brand new! got it all yesterday. Does anyone know where I can find what my motherboard codes mean? I lookedin the manual to check, but it did't tell me. It normally says AA.