robtrex

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
hey guys, i just bought dell ispiron, it's got 1.5 GB Intel(R) graphic accelarator card, 370 GB hard disk space and 3 GB RAM, 2.25 GHz , can you tell me can i play CRYSIS on it ???
PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Crysis is one of the most demanding dx9 games on the market...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just run this test

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Scroll down to crysis and it will tell you if you can run it.

robtrex

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
on all terms i am pass but only this.. i have i3 processor

Video Card
Recommended: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640MB RAM or similar.
You Have: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Core i3)
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. recommendations.
Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 640 MB 1.2 GB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
No,

but I knew that you could not run it before the results even.

Crysis... well its a demanding game. While most graphics card on the market can run it now intergaded are 3 generations behind.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
scratch the graphic card upgrade idea...

Its a laptop..

and I don't think that one is upgradeable.

It would help us if you tell us what the exact name of your laptop was... there are lots of verisons of dell insprion

G

Well, I have a Dell XPS M1330 with 4GB of RAM, Intel core 2 duo T5750 (2.00ghz), and an Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS with 128MB VRAM, and it can run it smoothly for the most part, everything minimum, 800x600. If you just want to play it, then it'll work. If you want it to look nice, it won't.

One option is to make an external GFX card for your laptop, but it isn't exactly the easiest to set up. I'm running an external desktop Radeon 5870.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/418851-diy-vidock-experiences.html

G

Fraps lower's framerates, so if there's a way to post an in-game screenshot showing the FPS from the console, then I gladly would.

The FPS ranges from 10-40. 10 if you're looking into the distance with explosions everywhere, lots of foliage, jeeps and stuff. Around 25-35 fps in a regular scene shooting a couple of guys.

G

30 FPS isn't too bad. One thing good about Crysis is that it masks low framerates well. I mean, if I'm playing Tribes (which I play more than any modern FPS), you can definitely tell the difference between 50 and 60 FPS.