Probably impossible.....wireless display and control?

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
I didn't know exactly what forum to ask this in.....

Ok, here is my problem.

In my basement, I have a sweet 3d 720P home theater setup with a projector and 106" screen. I have all my consoles and home theater stuff hooked up to it and it works great.

What I would love, would be to be able to play some of my pc games on it every now and then. I brought my massive tower down there once and hooked it all up and it worked beautifully. The problem is that I have a liquid cooled rig in a massive tower (Corsair 800D) and moving it back and forth from my office/pc gaming room is too much of a hastle. Plus I have an eyefinity setup that I don't want to waste.

So is there any possible way to somehow send my video output from my pc wirelessly to my basement projector, and also be able to use a mouse and keyboard/controller down there to be able to control it?

I hope I'm explaining it correctly. Basically, I want to turn my computer on upstairs, then be able to go downstairs and use it on my projector.

Is this possible? Or should I get used to hauling a 30 pound water filled rig down two flights of stairs?

I7 920 @ 3.6ghz
XFX HD 5970 Black Edition
ASUS P6T V1 Mobo
Corsair Dominator 6gb RAM
Corsair P256 SSD 256gb
850W PSU

yakmar

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

Hello,

As far i am aware off this is not possible. Atleast not wireless between two devices and a wirelelss controlable controller at the same time. The only thing i know about is that there are some alternative possibilities. E.g. software remote controlable enviroments, but yet again this must be controlled via another computer or a device (Mobile phone for example) who has software installed to control the other computer.

I hope this helps.