Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Installing Custom Bonus in UT2003

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 9:50:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Where do you put the .ut2mod file?
How do you access it?
Same for the Digital Bonus.
Thanks
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 9:29:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Buffalo wrote:
> Where do you put the .ut2mod file?
> How do you access it?
> Same for the Digital Bonus.
> Thanks

If your UT2K3 installation is correct you should be able to doubleklick that
file and it will self execute/extract.
Otherwise there are some registry-entries missing. o_O
There should be a Setup.exe in your game-folder with which you have to
combine the .ut2mod file.
Don't ask me for details, I haven't installed that game for ages. ^^

--
Thorsten aka [ÆON] T'PAU
www.aeon-clan.org , quakenet: #ÆON
http://www.thorstenn.de/Computer/
fix your OE: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 9:29:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Thorsten Neuhoff" <thorsten.neuhoff@thorstenn.de> wrote in message
news:3e4649F1411fU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Buffalo wrote:
> > Where do you put the .ut2mod file?
> > How do you access it?
> > Same for the Digital Bonus.
> > Thanks
>
> If your UT2K3 installation is correct you should be able to doubleklick that
> file and it will self execute/extract.
> Otherwise there are some registry-entries missing. o_O
> There should be a Setup.exe in your game-folder with which you have to
> combine the .ut2mod file.
> Don't ask me for details, I haven't installed that game for ages. ^^
>
> --
> Thorsten aka [ÆON] T'PAU
> www.aeon-clan.org , quakenet: #ÆON
> http://www.thorstenn.de/Computer/
> fix your OE: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

I had installed the latest patch for UT2003 (winpatch 2225), but doubleclicking
on the .ut2mod file only opened the Open With Box.

I finally downloaded an Extractor (U2MODExtractor) and copied the files manually
into their respective folders.
I found a setup.exe for installing CBP2003, but it wouldn't recognize that
folder that UT2003 was in and refused to install.
Thanks for your input.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:54:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

doubleclick the file and it will open the installer, if it doesn't, i can
send you a file with the reg-keys
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:54:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Ralf Glauberman" <ralfglauberman@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:D 5irsm$pf5$1@svr7.m-online.net...
> doubleclick the file and it will open the installer, if it doesn't, i can
> send you a file with the reg-keys
I used an Extractor called utmodextractor_v2 and then copied the extracted files
into their respective folders. I found a setup.exe file in 2003\System and it
wanted to install CBP2003, but it wouldn't recognize the folder that UT2003 was
in and refused to install. I would appreciated it if you would post the reg-keys
here, to make it easier to install any .ut2mod files later.
Thanks.
Buffalo
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 4:03:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message news:MeWdnVrr5fF0qeDfRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
>
> "Ralf Glauberman" <ralfglauberman@gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:D 5irsm$pf5$1@svr7.m-online.net...
I would appreciated it if you would post the reg-keys
> here, to make it easier to install any .ut2mod files later.
> Thanks.
> Buffalo
>
>

This tool should fix you up.
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki?action=browse&id=UT2K...
!