Installing Custom Bonus in UT2003

Where do you put the .ut2mod file?
How do you access it?
Same for the Digital Bonus.
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about installing custom bonus ut2003
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Where do you put the .ut2mod file?
    > How do you access it?
    > Same for the Digital Bonus.
    > Thanks

    If your UT2K3 installation is correct you should be able to doubleklick that
    file and it will self execute/extract.
    Otherwise there are some registry-entries missing. o_O
    There should be a Setup.exe in your game-folder with which you have to
    combine the .ut2mod file.
    Don't ask me for details, I haven't installed that game for ages. ^^

    --
    Thorsten aka [ÆON] T'PAU
    www.aeon-clan.org , quakenet: #ÆON

    "Thorsten Neuhoff" <thorsten.neuhoff@thorstenn.de> wrote in message
    > Buffalo wrote:
    > > Where do you put the .ut2mod file?
    > > How do you access it?
    > > Same for the Digital Bonus.
    > > Thanks
    >
    > If your UT2K3 installation is correct you should be able to doubleklick that
    > file and it will self execute/extract.
    > Otherwise there are some registry-entries missing. o_O
    > There should be a Setup.exe in your game-folder with which you have to
    > combine the .ut2mod file.
    > Don't ask me for details, I haven't installed that game for ages. ^^
    >
    > --
    > Thorsten aka [ÆON] T'PAU
    > www.aeon-clan.org , quakenet: #ÆON
    > http://www.thorstenn.de/Computer/
    > fix your OE: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    I had installed the latest patch for UT2003 (winpatch 2225), but doubleclicking
    on the .ut2mod file only opened the Open With Box.

    I finally downloaded an Extractor (U2MODExtractor) and copied the files manually
    into their respective folders.
    I found a setup.exe for installing CBP2003, but it wouldn't recognize that
    folder that UT2003 was in and refused to install.
    Thanks for your input.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    doubleclick the file and it will open the installer, if it doesn't, i can
    send you a file with the reg-keys
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Ralf Glauberman" <ralfglauberman@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > doubleclick the file and it will open the installer, if it doesn't, i can
    > send you a file with the reg-keys
    I used an Extractor called utmodextractor_v2 and then copied the extracted files
    into their respective folders. I found a setup.exe file in 2003\System and it
    wanted to install CBP2003, but it wouldn't recognize the folder that UT2003 was
    in and refused to install. I would appreciated it if you would post the reg-keys
    here, to make it easier to install any .ut2mod files later.
    Thanks.
    Buffalo
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message news:MeWdnVrr5fF0qeDfRVn-pQ@comcast.com...

    > "Ralf Glauberman" <ralfglauberman@gmx.de> wrote in message
    I would appreciated it if you would post the reg-keys
    > here, to make it easier to install any .ut2mod files later.
    > Thanks.
    > Buffalo

    This tool should fix you up.
    http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki?action=browse&id=UT2Kx_Regcheck&oldid=UT2k3_Regcheck