Just placed my order for the rest of my parts, want some reassurance

crosko42

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hey everyone, I have had a Lian Li K62 case, Seasonic X750 PSU, 1.5tb hd, and a dvd burner for a couple months now and decided to bite on some deals today to finish most of my system.

I'm still waiting for a GPU when the new 5XX models and 69xx models launch, but I jumped on this setup:

955 B.E
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Set me back for just under 300 after combos and special savings. I think its about as cheap a setup as I could get without skimping on overclocking capability and overall quality.

Did I make a decent decision?

Solution
I've heard that processor is very decent and I set up a friend with a 965 B.E and it runs absolutely great, so one under will easily run just fine too.

I haven't seen 4GB of RAM for 50 bucks in a while so that definitely looks like a good snag. Then again, I haven't been RAM shopping in a while either but good deal nonetheless. I've heard good things about their Ripjaw series too.

As for the motherboard, you might be able to find a cheaper one out there, but that price for those features sounds reasonable enough to me. You will also have the advantage of actually having those newer features (USB 3.0, SATA 6 Gb/s) for when manufacturers start slowly changing over to those.

Long story short, looks fine to me.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I've heard that processor is very decent and I set up a friend with a 965 B.E and it runs absolutely great, so one under will easily run just fine too.

I haven't seen 4GB of RAM for 50 bucks in a while so that definitely looks like a good snag. Then again, I haven't been RAM shopping in a while either but good deal nonetheless. I've heard good things about their Ripjaw series too.

As for the motherboard, you might be able to find a cheaper one out there, but that price for those features sounds reasonable enough to me. You will also have the advantage of actually having those newer features (USB 3.0, SATA 6 Gb/s) for when manufacturers start slowly changing over to those.

Long story short, looks fine to me.

Solution