How is this build for WoW?

Solution

I was just limiting my recommendation to what the OP states in his original post! "Not wanting to spend any more money really" Therefore not suggesting better parts that cost more (you can even get GTX460 1GB for $136 on Newegg after MIR) and I stick with the HD5770 being a great card...
It does not have that little voltage selector switch on the back to select between 115volts and 230volts it is automatic! The Corsair unit is as well recommended from one of the best PSU test sites on the web and has a higher load rating since the FSP unit is rated 400watt constant 450watt peak.

minitron815

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011

There is nothing wrong with HD5770! Great card for the price.
Take Newegg reviews with a grain of salt, go by the professional reviews http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=214

minitron815

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I don't care if (insert famous person here) recommended it, that 3 egg on newegg is fail. If you read the comments you will see that it dies on people or gets really loud at a relatively high rate.

I guess the one sample that JG reviewed is representative of every single one of those PSUs?

So lets see:

$130 - 20 MIR for a HD 5770 or $150 - 20 MIR for a GTX 460 768 Twin Frozr.

You could have fooled me with that whole "Great card for the price."

4745454b

Titan
Is there any way you can switch to an Intel build? Their CPUs run WoW:cata better then AMDs. Toms review of Cata showed that you need at least 5 AMD cores to reach the end of what AMD can do, and it was below what 2 Intel cores can do. You picked a cheap x3 so I know the i7 920 is out of reach, but perhaps you can get an i3?

I was just limiting my recommendation to what the OP states in his original post! "Not wanting to spend any more money really" Therefore not suggesting better parts that cost more (you can even get GTX460 1GB for $136 on Newegg after MIR) and I stick with the HD5770 being a great card for the price http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-geforce-gtx-560-ti-gaming-graphics-card,2857-3.html

Solution