Install CD for ECS 945GCT-HM HP Livermore-GL6 motherboard

wolfhaunted

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hi,

I CAN NOT FIND my daughters' ECS 945GCT-HM motherboards installation disk. The Elitegroup/esc support webste says they cannot help me because it is a HP OEM. The HP sites (based in India?) only recite a unvaried response about buying the HP Recovery disks (which are of no use if you have installed a new harddrive) or chant the beauty of their payment plan for a new HP PC. I know if I were smarter I should be able to navigate my way to the drivers on their site. The motherboard is used by Hewlett Packard/Compaq in their Compaq Presario SR5010NX Desktop PC. The HP Part is: 5188-8904-sub. They also refer to this board as: the HP Livermore-GL6 motherboard (socket775) and also the HP Product Description is: LGB Pre SR5010NX Livermore. I really need to acquire the drivers for this board as my daughter uses it for college. The hard drive that came in it burnt up and we replaced it with a huge Seagate 1 TB. Hard drive.

Unfortunately a motherboard installation CD did not come with her computer and we do not have the Intel 945GC chipset, intregated Realtek RT8201E, the Realtek ALC888 Audio drivers or any of the rest of the drivers that her computer originally had and require to function. The closest, most similar motherboard that I can find on Elitegroup/esc website is the Ecs 945GCT-M and I am afraid to use its drivers on my daughters board, the ECS 945GCT-HM (socket 775) motherboard in case they are incompatible and possibly damage my daughters computer. We honestly cannot afford to buy her another one at this time. Hopefully we will be able to next spring. But at this point and time any help would be greatly appreciated. I would gladly pay for the ECS 945GCT-HM motherboards installation CD (or even a copy of it), manual and shipping. We both thank you so very much either way. (GASP... :eek: HELP!? Thank you again.)
Sincerely,
Joni and Britt Wolf Peterson

wolfhaunted

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Dear theuniquegamer ,

Thank you very much for your answer. I have downloaded that and all the other drivers that I could find...Guess I am looking more for the "whole picture" if you know what I mean, but thank you again for taking the time.

wolfhaunted

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hello Forum, :hello:

As I am fairly new to this forum, I would like to know if it is allowed to post a website that is selling CDs for HP/Compaq computers? I am excited to have found this site and wish to share it, but do not want to violate any rules... :eek:

Also, how can I post a graphic? I put one together with photos and text to show my front panel, which I think solves my problem and might help others... but I would like an "expert" to confirm it...

I am truly enjoying this site! :bounce: (I like the smilies alot too)

Wolfhaunted