Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Crap! help me please.

Last response: in Systems
November 27, 2010 8:52:18 AM

What do i do!

I have two computers, one of them has got viruses so i formatted its harddrive. lets call it phillips.
and the second a working computer called asus.

the hard drive that I am currently using belongs to the asus, but i got it working through the onboard vga port on the phillips. but heres the problem i want to put the hardrive back in the asus, i can get it to work through the chipset vga, but it will load so far and then the screen will go black. i think it may be a driver because if i turn up speakers i here xp start up sound.

what do i do, i have a disk the asus motherboard and i have tried its vga driver and its inf driver BUT ITS NOT WORKING I NEED HELP!!

More about : crap

November 27, 2010 8:56:28 AM

Please help me, I wanna pull this harddrive out and put it in the Asus.
and advise, anyone been here before? ...
m
l
November 27, 2010 9:01:08 AM

Try uninstalling all video drivers, it should work (640*480, 16 colors) on both computers. Then install new drivers.
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2010 4:51:45 PM

Hit F* when its loading and it will start in safe mode with networking with generic video driver, once in you can uninstall wrong driver and update the right one.
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
November 27, 2010 5:19:11 PM

go into BIOS, and check out your hardware and the VGA settings

^ you mean the F8 key while windows loads but just before the windows bootup logo appears
December 17, 2010 9:33:27 AM

cheers guys, i figured these hunks a crap out. i tried removing the graphics card a thousand times and finally i got it to work through changing it to onboard graphics, its been a while since i have been on here but since i have givin my computer to my friend lol. (Lutfij all motherboards have different key settings for bios).

THANKS FOR ALL OF YUR HELP :) 
m
l
December 17, 2010 9:34:39 AM

Best answer selected by jpeg14.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 17, 2010 6:43:43 PM

F8 is to access "SAFEMODE" in windows :)  i was correcting the prev post not indicating to go into BIOS with the F8 - come to think of it, i've never heard of a mobo with : "Hit F8 key now to enter BIOS" :)  :D  :lol:  Intel's have 'F2' and Asus have 'DEL'

PM me if you'd need anything!
m
l
!