Solved

Crap! help me please.

What do i do!

I have two computers, one of them has got viruses so i formatted its harddrive. lets call it phillips.
and the second a working computer called asus.

the hard drive that I am currently using belongs to the asus, but i got it working through the onboard vga port on the phillips. but heres the problem i want to put the hardrive back in the asus, i can get it to work through the chipset vga, but it will load so far and then the screen will go black. i think it may be a driver because if i turn up speakers i here xp start up sound.

what do i do, i have a disk the asus motherboard and i have tried its vga driver and its inf driver BUT ITS NOT WORKING I NEED HELP!!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crap please
  1. Please help me, I wanna pull this harddrive out and put it in the Asus.
    and advise, anyone been here before? ...
  2. Try uninstalling all video drivers, it should work (640*480, 16 colors) on both computers. Then install new drivers.
  3. Hit F* when its loading and it will start in safe mode with networking with generic video driver, once in you can uninstall wrong driver and update the right one.
  4. Best answer
    go into BIOS, and check out your hardware and the VGA settings

^ you mean the F8 key while windows loads but just before the windows bootup logo appears
  5. cheers guys, i figured these hunks a crap out. i tried removing the graphics card a thousand times and finally i got it to work through changing it to onboard graphics, its been a while since i have been on here but since i have givin my computer to my friend lol. (Lutfij all motherboards have different key settings for bios).

THANKS FOR ALL OF YUR HELP :)
  6. Best answer selected by jpeg14.
  7. F8 is to access "SAFEMODE" in windows :) i was correcting the prev post not indicating to go into BIOS with the F8 - come to think of it, i've never heard of a mobo with : "Hit F8 key now to enter BIOS" :) :D :LOL: Intel's have 'F2' and Asus have 'DEL'

PM me if you'd need anything!
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Asus Hard Drives Systems