Crap! help me please.

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
What do i do!

I have two computers, one of them has got viruses so i formatted its harddrive. lets call it phillips.
and the second a working computer called asus.

the hard drive that I am currently using belongs to the asus, but i got it working through the onboard vga port on the phillips. but heres the problem i want to put the hardrive back in the asus, i can get it to work through the chipset vga, but it will load so far and then the screen will go black. i think it may be a driver because if i turn up speakers i here xp start up sound.

what do i do, i have a disk the asus motherboard and i have tried its vga driver and its inf driver BUT ITS NOT WORKING I NEED HELP!!

Solution
go into BIOS, and check out your hardware and the VGA settings

^ you mean the F8 key while windows loads but just before the windows bootup logo appears

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
cheers guys, i figured these hunks a crap out. i tried removing the graphics card a thousand times and finally i got it to work through changing it to onboard graphics, its been a while since i have been on here but since i have givin my computer to my friend lol. (Lutfij all motherboards have different key settings for bios).

THANKS FOR ALL OF YUR HELP :)

Lutfij

Titan
F8 is to access "SAFEMODE" in windows :) i was correcting the prev post not indicating to go into BIOS with the F8 - come to think of it, i've never heard of a mobo with : "Hit F8 key now to enter BIOS" :) :D :LOL: Intel's have 'F2' and Asus have 'DEL'

PM me if you'd need anything!