Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Upgrading my cpu and motherboard

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 23, 2011 5:42:33 AM

Guys im looking to upgrade my Computer i think i have a ASUS M2N68-AM-Plus motherboard with a AMD Athlon64 x2 3200+(3400+ i think+) CPU or something close to that

i have a gigabyte Radeon HD 5830 1gb GDDR5 and ANTEC (USA) 750watt TRUE POWER NEW 120mm Fan




im thinking of upgrading to

ASUS P7P55D-E PREMIUM $349 AUD - Link Here

INTEL CORE i7 870 2.93Ghz $359 AUD - Link Here

THERMALRIGHT MUX-120 Heat-sink and 120mm Fan Aluminum Fins $69 AUD - Link Here

or i could opt for a water cooling system if i have extra cash




Can anyone suggest anything better for my budget of $800.
i play games like call of duty 6 and grid - race driver etc. and i watch HD movies
and i don't know how to over clock so... and i aren't keen on over clocking (in-case i break my new computer, i don't know how overclocking works anyway.)
a c 111 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2011 12:34:01 PM

If you stick with your Intel 'plan' you need DDR3 memory. Consider:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BLACK EDITION $157

GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 AMD 790X $124

G.SKILL Twin Pack TRIDENT 2x2gig (4gig Total) DDR3 2000MhzCL9 (PC3-16000) F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD $149
""" DDR3 2000 (downgrade to DDR3 1866 Only support DIMM3,DIMM4) """

A second HD5830 for Crossfire is around $235AUD. You should consider selling your HD5830 if possible (though 2xHD5830 is a quite powerful gaming setup).

Going forward a single HD6950 2G GDDR5 (in the $335 range) has more sweetness.


m
0
l
February 24, 2011 4:00:46 AM

im not that great with intel or amd but i just want one thats really good ill look into it


EDIT :
would the AMD Phenom II X4 970 BLACK EDITION be better becasue the store is out of stock and is that a better CPU for gaming and other stuff

and im 32 bit version of windows i can only have 2gb i think
m
0
l
Related resources
February 24, 2011 9:44:00 AM

I think that the limit for a 32-bit system is just over 3GB (I have 3GB on a 32-bit system and I am using it all).

The 955 is 3.2GHz while the 970 is 3.5GHz so my guess is that the 970 is better but I am not sure if it is worth the price difference.
m
0
l
February 24, 2011 10:28:41 AM

I am not sure if the above if the 940BE will work with the motherboard in the link as it is not on the CPU supported list and the specs for the 940BE seem to say that it needs 125W while all the CPUs on the list are 95W or less.
m
0
l
February 24, 2011 10:37:43 AM

i5-2500 ~200 dollars
H67 motherboard starting at 100 dollars

You don't need a 2500k or a P67 board because you don't plan on overclocking.

This setup is faster than what you've listed. And less than half the price.
m
0
l
February 24, 2011 10:49:31 AM

Quote:
my suggestion ignore most above suggestion

this is ur board rite?


Go for A Phenom II 940BE, it is a AM2+ Phenom II and u can OC it to any other Phenom II's performance with just a mere multiplier bump. The Phenom II 940BE should be priced around a Athlon II 640 since it's considered an old chip, but It's the best AM2+ chip u can find, around USD 90+ at most

about ur GPU, I would keep it for the while and buy a Radeon 28nm or Geforce 28nm later this year

To tell you the truth,I think he wants to upgrade to Intel now by the boards he is having a look at ;)  ...So he may mean to make a new computer based on Intel hardware :)  ...Not just to upgrade to another AMD hardware part :D  ...He just used the wrong term for making a new computer :pt1cable:  ...
m
0
l
February 24, 2011 10:59:30 AM

nahtanrulz said:
Guys im looking to upgrade my Computer i think i have a ASUS M2N68-AM-Plus motherboard with a AMD Athlon64 x2 3200+(3400+ i think+) CPU or something close to that

i have a gigabyte Radeon HD 5830 1gb GDDR5 and ANTEC (USA) 750watt TRUE POWER NEW 120mm Fan




im thinking of upgrading to

ASUS P7P55D-E PREMIUM $349 AUD - Link Here

INTEL CORE i7 870 2.93Ghz $359 AUD - Link Here

THERMALRIGHT MUX-120 Heat-sink and 120mm Fan Aluminum Fins $69 AUD - Link Here

or i could opt for a water cooling system if i have extra cash




Can anyone suggest anything better for my budget of $800.
i play games like call of duty 6 and grid - race driver etc. and i watch HD movies
and i don't know how to over clock so... and i aren't keen on over clocking (in-case i break my new computer, i don't know how overclocking works anyway.)

Hi...If you live in the area of gamedudes shopfront store,then by all means buy it...If you do not & you intend to pay for postage,then try D & D Computers in Sth.Straithfield,Sydney...They have the core i7 870 for $315-00 cents the last time I past through them over the internet ;)  ...Also there are other stores that I have seen this same cpu for around the same price,so pick which one gives you the cheapest postage also ;)  ...
m
0
l
February 24, 2011 11:04:58 AM

nahtanrulz said:
Guys im looking to upgrade my Computer i think i have a ASUS M2N68-AM-Plus motherboard with a AMD Athlon64 x2 3200+(3400+ i think+) CPU or something close to that

i have a gigabyte Radeon HD 5830 1gb GDDR5 and ANTEC (USA) 750watt TRUE POWER NEW 120mm Fan




im thinking of upgrading to

ASUS P7P55D-E PREMIUM $349 AUD - Link Here

INTEL CORE i7 870 2.93Ghz $359 AUD - Link Here

THERMALRIGHT MUX-120 Heat-sink and 120mm Fan Aluminum Fins $69 AUD - Link Here

or i could opt for a water cooling system if i have extra cash




Can anyone suggest anything better for my budget of $800.
i play games like call of duty 6 and grid - race driver etc. and i watch HD movies
and i don't know how to over clock so... and i aren't keen on over clocking (in-case i break my new computer, i don't know how overclocking works anyway.)

HI once again :hello:  ...I see you like gamedudes computer store & so do I,but I live in Sydney,Australia...So I usually go up there myself frequently online checking their prices out also :)  ...They have not given me any trouble yet & niether in the way of faulty products either :)  ...
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 4:13:32 AM

Quote:
my suggestion ignore most above suggestion

this is ur board rite?


Go for A Phenom II 940BE, it is a AM2+ Phenom II and u can OC it to any other Phenom II's performance with just a mere multiplier bump. The Phenom II 940BE should be priced around a Athlon II 640 since it's considered an old chip, but It's the best AM2+ chip u can find, around USD 90+ at most

about ur GPU, I would keep it for the while and buy a Radeon 28nm or Geforce 28nm later this year


yes that is my board but i found out it was 4200+ not 3200+ plus i don't mind if i go to AMD or Intel it doesn't mind just which ever is faster and which one suites my graphics card better and is faster and will not lag and something cheap and i don't care where i get it from i just get my stuff from game dude because its just down the highway from me (i live in beenleigh Australia)


here is 2 options i have chosen

Intel -

ASUS P7P55D-E PREMIUM $349 AUD

INTEL CORE i7 870 2.93Ghz $359 AUD

THERMALRIGHT MUX-120 Heat-sink and 120mm Fan Aluminum Fins $69 AUD

like $750 and thats without memery added on


AMD -

AMD Phenom II X4 970 BLACK EDITION - Price $ 210

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AMD 890GX Intergrated Video HDMI/DVI DDR3 1866+Mhz (OC) 7.1HDAudio - Price $ 169

G.SKILL Twin Pack 2x1gig (2gig Total) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 (PC3-12800) Model: F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ - Price $ 49

or

CORSAIR TwinX3 2gig x 2 (4 Gig) DDR3 XMS3-1600C8 1600mhz Model: CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 - Price $ 99

like $430




its $750 vs $430

Intel would have to be a ALOT better for me to buy it
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 9:35:16 AM

i kinda want to replace everything and maybe go ot intel but since there over priced i might stay with amd and get a AM3 mohterbored and cpu remember i have a budget of 800$ and how is the LGA1156 dead.

EDIT - i want a big upgrade maybe 6 cores or 4 like the one i chose and idont know what you mean by LGA1156
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 9:43:56 AM

ohh lga1156 socket and ruled out the Intel because its to dear compared to the AMD and i want to get 4 or 6 cores maybe and that motherboard supports 6 cores

and i have to change my botherboard becasue if i want ot crossfire i need more then 1 pciE 16 or what ever anyways im thinkign of goign amd but a 6cores 1
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 4:49:38 PM

1156 is dead because 1155 is replacing it. It is also cheaper power for the dollar if you go 1155.

http://cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Any i5 or i7 with 4 digits instead of 3 (2500, 2600) is 1155. Note the price.
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 5:00:20 PM

Quote:
Well, either way I wouldn't agree with an upgrade to a LGA 1156 i7, the platform is rather dead, I would rather buy Sandy Bridge or Grab the Phenom II and wait till Bulldozer launches, besides,
even with the Phenom II 940BE , he will still see a huge leap in performance, considering his current chip is an Old timer Athlon

Hey greghome...That amd stuff is full of bull crap,you'll never sell any hard core gamer on this stuff unless they're way out of pocket :p  ...Also by the way,the person that started this thread mentioned this stuff & why not go with the LGA 1156...Although the LGA 1155 is the only good thing that you mentioned :pt1cable:  ...
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 5:07:36 PM

JonBeam said:
1156 is dead because 1155 is replacing it. It is also cheaper power for the dollar if you go 1155.

http://cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Any i5 or i7 with 4 digits instead of 3 (2500, 2600) is 1155. Note the price.

Hey JonBeam :pt1cable:  ...Did you ever think that nahtanrulz likes the idea of staying with technology that is tried & tested rather then getting some sort of trouble in the future :p  ...You & I may try new gear...I have for example got a core i7 2600k & an asus p8p67 mainboard,but that does not mean that this threader has to do the same as us ;)  ...
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 6:10:33 PM

No, but the converse is also true. Did you ever think that he may just want raw power? I did, he said so here:

nahtanrulz said:
Can anyone suggest anything better for my budget of $800.


and here:

nahtanrulz said:
intel or amd but i just want one thats really good ill look into it


and here:

nahtanrulz said:
AMD or Intel it doesn't mind just which ever is faster


and here:

nahtanrulz said:
if i want ot crossfire i need more then 1 pciE 16


and here:

nahtanrulz said:
i want a big upgrade maybe 6 cores or 4 like the one i chose


In every post he's said he wants power. In his first post he said he's on a budget.

That's 1155.
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 8:34:45 PM

There's no reason to spend extra money on the unlocked version. Yes, the unlocked processors cost only slightly more, but the P67 motherboards cost extra over the H67's as well. With the only benefit being overclocking. And he's said he will not OC.

I do agree with sandy bridge, though. I advise i7 2600 or i5 2500. 2600 is more performance, 2500 is more performance for the dollar.
m
0
l
a c 111 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 26, 2011 11:42:39 AM

nahtanrulz said:
im not that great with intel or amd but i just want one thats really good ill look into it


EDIT :
would the AMD Phenom II X4 970 BLACK EDITION be better becasue the store is out of stock and is that a better CPU for gaming and other stuff

and im 32 bit version of windows i can only have 2gb i think


All AMD PhII 'Black' quads have unlocked CPU multipliers, and will over-clock to 3.8GHz or so without difficulty. The PhII 965BE will save you some bucks as opposed to the 970BE if the 955BE is not available -- and will OC in a similar fashion. The difference in cost between the 965BE and 970BE would give you the opportunity to test drive some fancy cooling like the Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

The PhII 940BE will perform in a similar fashion (pretty simple to go 3.6GHz or so) but is limited to DDR2 memory only. The 955BE, 965BE, etc., will run both DDR2 & DDR3 memory, and move forward to the new AM3+ motherboards (probably see them in 6-8 weeks).

The AM3+ motherboards in addition to being backward-compatible with the PhII quad/hex cores will support the next generation of AMD enthusiast processors called Bulldozer Zambezi (probably see them in 6-8 weeks, too).

This is the reason I selected the GSkill 2x2GB DDR3 2000Mhz F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD for $149 -- it's supported on the Gigabyte motherboard at 1866MHz and will also move forward to AM3+. It just so happens that the BD Zambezi IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) stock speed is 18866MHz :sol: 

Once again --- 2xHD5830 in CrossFire is good stuff .... but

an HD6950 2GB can be 'Power-Tuned' into a monster.

And in a year or so when you are looking for a little boost, the HD6950 2GB will run in Crossfire like a champ.


Wish I Was Wealthy said:
Hey greghome...That amd stuff is full of bull crap,you'll never sell any hard core gamer on this stuff unless they're way out of pocket :p  ...Also by the way,the person that started this thread mentioned this stuff & why not go with the LGA 1156...Although the LGA 1155 is the only good thing that you mentioned :pt1cable:  ...


My understanding is that 'real' hardcore gamers realize that ""It's the graphics subsystem""
m
0
l
February 26, 2011 7:19:01 PM

...only he said he has no interest in overclocking.

nahtanrulz said:
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=7106 out of stock and game dude.com.au doesnt have it

INTEL CORE i7 2600K $399
INTEL CORE i7 2600 maybe but i don't really want to spend all $800 ill look in to it guys... and girls


Along the same lines...you have NO reason to get a 'K' version of a processor if you do not want to overclock. The only difference in the 2*** vs the 2***K is that the core multipliers are unlocked for the K version. This does you absolutely no good if you don't plan on using it. The same goes for P67 for H67. P67 is better capable of overclocking than H67. So you'd want an H67.

If you're watching your dollar the 2500 is the better deal from what I've seen. From what I've seen it's the most power per dollar for any chips out there at the moment, and usually retails for about 100 USD less.

By the way: It's about 200 USD for the 2500 and you can get a solid asus h67 for as low as 100 if you're willing to go with uATX. I don't know what 300 USD converts to in AUS, but I'm guessing it's nowhere near 800.

Be advised, however, that waiting a couple weeks for the new boards to come out would probably be in your best interest. You don't sound like a guy who wants to rebuild his machine twice in the next month. All current boards have issues with some of the sata ports. It's easily worked around and frankly isn't that big of a deal, but they are pulling the boards to fix the issue.

But the sheer power for the dollar is totally, totally worth it.
m
0
l
a c 111 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 26, 2011 9:23:42 PM

JonBeam said:
...only he said he has no interest in overclocking.

But the sheer power for the dollar is totally, totally worth it.


What he said:

Quote:
... i don't know how to over clock so... and i aren't keen on over clocking (in-case i break my new computer, i don't know how overclocking works anyway ...


And it's highly debatable as to whether it is ""worth it"". ""It's the graphics subsystem"", right?

Assuming that nahtanrulz has more brain power than nathandroolz ... I suspect he is capable of of raising the CPU multiplier from 17x200MHz to 18x200MHz (and/or higher). That's the point of having an unlocked CPU multiplier (that's why it is called a Black Edition). Mastering a single mouse click is not that difficult, and he won't have to bother with adjusting any system voltages (for the first 400MHz or so).

It's so easy even an Intel Fanboy can do it :lol:  and I suspect after mastering the single-click to the ""18"" CPU multiplier, he may even master switching the IMC/NB multiplier from ""10x200MHz"" to ""12x200MHz"" (thereby increasing memory bandwidth 7-8% and reducing latency 7-8%). That's it --- he's done.

And btw -- a stock PhII 965BE at 3.4GHz (without even bothering to OC) is not going to hold back an HD69502 GB -- much less an HD5830.

AND, it's this hard to explain over-clocking for the OP: AMD platforms operate from a stock system clock of 200MHz, and the various system speeds are determined through the use of multipliers. That's it -- less than 20 words. In the case of the PHII 965BE ....

At stock the CPU is 17x200MHz or 3.4GHz.

At stock the memory controller/north bridge is 10x200MHz or 2000MHz.

At stock the hyper-transport is 10x200MHz or 2000MHz.

DDR3 1600MHz memory is 4x200MHz (AMD memory is double-pumped so it is essentially 4x200MHz times two).


It ain't rocket science.
m
0
l
February 28, 2011 6:42:01 AM

its not the how to its the cost for the k version its liek $80 more and i want to spend as little money as i can. but at the same time have great peformance im upgrading from amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ 2.2Ghz almost anyhting will do better.
m
0
l
March 2, 2011 7:48:09 AM

...and no responses in two days.

This really is how this community fails at times. The op set his rules, and then they went completely ignored. It's just shameful.

And by the way, I've got both AMD and Intel processors in my rigs. But wisecracker, you're practically frothing at the mouth with your AMD fandom. I mean you derided the intel 'plan' in the second post of the thread. Brand loyalty is all well and good, but your coming out and calling people fanboys is laughable.

nahtanrulz, as far as I know without overclocking the best performance for the price is the intel 2500 with an h67 motherboard. You can find the 2500 for 209 USD and an h67 from a solid manufacturer for just about 100 USD. Considering 1 USD=0.9884 AUD I'm sure availability will be a greater impact than conversion. That is more power than the what you had your eyes on, and less price as well.

http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-2500+...
m
0
l
a c 111 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 2, 2011 1:31:58 PM

The AMD Phenom II X4 955 BLACK EDITION is back in stock for $157AUD.

And the GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 AMD 790X crossfire mobo is still a great bargain at $124AUD.

And though I believe in the long run you are better off moving to a single HD69502GB, lookee at the reported Unigine Heaven benchies of a HD5830 crossfire ...


from: Rage3D

Compared to ...

from: Anand


2 x HD5830 looks much better in DX11/Tessellation than I initially thought ---- and total system power at load with the 2x HD5830s should be well less than 500w.


[:jaydeejohn:5]


m
0
l
March 3, 2011 5:20:15 AM

@ wisecracker

im not really looking into upgrading my graphics card, just a CPU and motherboard and DDR3 Memery.
and AMD does seem promising for the cheap/low prices but intel seems to have better CPU's core i5 and i7 scoring higher then any AMD processors. but intel is just a bit more expensive.


@ JonBeam

would the 2600 be better just a little more in price im fine with that.

ok - core i5 2500 - $ 249 -Cpu Mark/Value
Good - core i7 2600 - $ 329 -Cpu Mark/Value
To Much - core i7 2600k - $ 399 -Cpu Mark/Value

and the P8H67

do u mean the

P8H67
P8H67-I DELUXE
P8H67-M
P8H67-M EVO
P8H67-M LE
P8H67-M LX
P8H67-M PRO
P8H67-V



Good - ASUS P8H67 Intel H67 Chipset DDR3 1333Mhz (32GB MAX) ATX 8Ch. HDAudio SATA3 USB 3.0 -$ 165



DDR3 Ram -

Good - G.SKILL Twin Pack 2x2gig (4gig Total) DDR3 1333Mhz CL9 (PC3-10666) Model: F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ - $ 65



All of this info i got from Gamedude.com.au
m
0
l
March 3, 2011 7:21:28 PM

In the US if you look for good prices you can find the i5 2500 for 209 and the i7 2600 for 299. I'd be surprised if you can't find better prices for those - at least for the i5. It's not like these things are made in the US.

Likewise, you might be able to find slightly better prices on memory, too. Anybody know of huge comp dealers in Aus that bring down prices and shut down the locals? Or is Satan worship an exclusively American past time?


As for motherboards:

P8H67 - http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=G1ixnvUxN70FJLbR

P8H67-M EVO - http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=CkMiq3rrqw3yqO5H&...

P8H67-M PRO/CSM - http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=kpT6JUeGZkMlOjQQ&...

P8H67-V - http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wblkZc9YhhYJ4HrG


You seem to be partial to Asus so I kept it at those. I eliminated roughly half due to lack of crossfire support. I always just buy a new card, so I don't know crap about crossfire. However, the pro/csm has a slower secondary pci-e port and I'm guessing that's a bad thing. If so, that one can be eliminated too.

They all have 1 IDE connector, so if you're trying to run old hard drives for storage that doesn't make a difference. The EVO is uATX. Since everything is more localized that may produce more effective ambient heat than a fuller board. But your ATX case should fit both form factors and maybe you'd have a use for a uATX board down the road. Building a media center or something.

Perhaps someone can come in and point out more differences between the P8H67 and the P8H67-V, but it appears to me that the -V version just has better support for the iGPU (which you won't be using) and thus probably costs a tad more.
m
0
l
March 4, 2011 4:13:09 AM

JonBeam said:
In the US if you look for good prices you can find the i5 2500 for 209 and the i7 2600 for 299. I'd be surprised if you can't find better prices for those - at least for the i5. It's not like these things are made in the US.

Likewise, you might be able to find slightly better prices on memory, too. Anybody know of huge comp dealers in Aus that bring down prices and shut down the locals? Or is Satan worship an exclusively American past time?


As for motherboards:

P8H67 - http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=G1ixnvUxN70FJLbR

P8H67-M EVO - http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=CkMiq3rrqw3yqO5H&...

P8H67-M PRO/CSM - http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=kpT6JUeGZkMlOjQQ&...

P8H67-V - http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wblkZc9YhhYJ4HrG


You seem to be partial to Asus so I kept it at those. I eliminated roughly half due to lack of crossfire support. I always just buy a new card, so I don't know crap about crossfire. However, the pro/csm has a slower secondary pci-e port and I'm guessing that's a bad thing. If so, that one can be eliminated too.

They all have 1 IDE connector, so if you're trying to run old hard drives for storage that doesn't make a difference. The EVO is uATX. Since everything is more localized that may produce more effective ambient heat than a fuller board. But your ATX case should fit both form factors and maybe you'd have a use for a uATX board down the road. Building a media center or something.

Perhaps someone can come in and point out more differences between the P8H67 and the P8H67-V, but it appears to me that the -V version just has better support for the iGPU (which you won't be using) and thus probably costs a tad more.


im only running 1 IDE at the moment for my dvd/burner/reader because no sata ones work with my board they just don't get detected and i freeze when i stick a disk in.

and us prices are cheaper then anything in Australia unless i get stuff shipped but there is the exchange rate as well so the prices u find are pretty close to what i find. i haven't really ventured off to any other stores well not until i find a board and CPU i am sure i want to get and then get price matches to get the price down.

the i7 2600 is a bit better performance but its just $80 AUD dearer then the i5 2500. but i can hopefully get the price down threw price matching from other sites/stores. and i am really only limited to a couple stores because a lot of stuff is online these days and i don't like using money online. i would rather know what im getting and not get ripped off or got sent a defected product like people including me have been in the past.

my choices are the P8H67 board and the i7 2600 and that DDR3 memory which im happy with. and ill get a bigger CPU fan later on.

most of this will be for my birthday in may im just choosing what i want. so my parents don't get me a *** box PC. ill be paying for it tho :/  well not i hope since its my birthday but can anyone think of any better PC for equal or less but same or better performance


ASUS P8H67 Intel H67 Chipset DDR3 1333Mhz (32GB MAX) ATX 8Ch. HDAudio SATA3 USB 3.0

INTEL CORE i7 2600 3.40Ghz 8MB CACHE 95W LGA1155

G.SKILL Twin Pack 2x2gig (4gig Total) DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
m
0
l
March 5, 2011 6:22:24 AM

Well that's cool that it won't be until May. It will save you some trouble. Tell them to hold off on the motherboard a few weeks until the recall is done and the new motherboards hit the shelves.

I don't, however, know if the increased demand will drive the prices up of the processors themselves at that point. I'd probably buy the processor pretty soon and the motherboard after the recall is done with. But that is because I wouldn't want to take any chances. I don't see the price falling too much if at all so it wouldn't be a horrible choice. Risk management.
m
0
l
March 5, 2011 2:37:22 PM

one more question?

would there be any other difference if i bought the p67 rather then the h67 other then the its unlocked for over clocking - my older brother asked me this.
m
0
l
March 5, 2011 6:14:01 PM

Very very little.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Qx3PdnZI9Pq9BcIU

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=G1ixnvUxN70FJLbR

The biggest thing that stands out to me is that the P67 supports higher frequency memory. It also has other minor differences like different audio setups and storage controllers. And bluetooth (if you need this knock $10 off the price difference between the two boards; this is about how much a bluetooth adapter would cost). 2 extra USB 3.0 ports (though USB 3.0 is really about data storage rates - plan on having 4 usb drives hooked in at a time?).

I still stand by the conclusion that the K series goes with the p67's and the non-K series goes with the h67's.
m
0
l
!