ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphic card problem running ffxiv

Hello,

My current graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5870 will not run FFXIV, i have to install 5800 for it to run, its runs fine but when i shutdown my laptop FFXI and FFXIV will freeze up causing me to reboot my laptop
2 answers Last reply
More about radeon 5870 graphic card problem running ffxiv
  1. Manny_Freezie said:
    Hello,

My current graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5870 will not run FFXIV, i have to install 5800 for it to run, its runs fine but when i shutdown my laptop FFXI and FFXIV will freeze up causing me to reboot my laptop

time to buy a desktop, I think FFXIV need use desktop. Many member in my LS gave up the laptop. GTX460+ i5 or i7 is what i suggested. you need a big monitor. half screen game, half screen website. without using website, you wont know how to play that game.
  2. im having the same issue with my laptop (ROG g73jh, i7 1.66ghz 8gb RAM, Mobility Radeon 5870)

Its strange because if i leave the laptop for half a day, it will run for countless hours without glitchin... then suddenly the screen starts flickering.. then a while later it just makes a noise and freezes into a black/green striped screen..

1) check driver, OK its the latest driver from ATI (version 10.9)

2) graphic card overheating, COULD BE but let me remind you that the model i have has a decent airsupply. Plus i dont leave it on the bed or play in the sun.

3) Laptop busted, NOT LIKELY runs Settlers 7, Civilization 5, WoW at highest graphics (sry i dont have crysis or Flight Sim X) and they all run as they are supposed to.

For a few days after i received the game, it ran perfectly on highest settings. Then this happend...

I have an Alienware desktop juiced up but with only a GTX 260 1gb, which has no problems whatsoever (but the graphics arent as good as on the ROG)

maybe this game isnt a WoW-killer, but it sure kills hardware! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Laptops Graphics Cards HD ATI Graphics