[Mobo] ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970

Tags:
  • Asus
  • AMD
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
October 28, 2011 12:55:31 PM

I was going to buy the ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970, was wondering if that's a worth using board, I am big into ASUS, I have always used their products they seem stable. I am buying piece for piece now, but I am trying to build a good enough rig for BF3.

Right now im running the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe 939 with 1.5GB Memory and a 2.2GHz single core cpu.

Would the ASUS M5A97 be good for gaming?

I am however running a GTS 450 by PNY and plan to switch to a GTX of higher model possibly a 560 Ti, I know a computer company down the road that buys newer hardware and what ever I get from that it will go towards a better card.

I plan to upgrade the M5A97's cpu but can seem to choose between Phenom or Athlon.

The memory I am aiming for is 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB

I hope I am going the right way for a good machine.Any help would be greatly appreciated. :pt1cable: 

More about : mobo asus m5a97 am3 amd 970

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b À AMD
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 28, 2011 12:58:02 PM

Never buy any comp piecemeal. You may change your mind later or find a better deal and get stuck with leftover parts. It's much better to save until you can purchase the cpu/board/ram all at once. Dec-Jan is a good time to purchase.
m
l
October 28, 2011 1:35:41 PM

Tbqh, an no rudeness involved here, I know its hard to understand the tones of most people through text, but as a comforted reply, I don't mind buying piece by piece, I am ok with this, I have been doing it for years. The A8N board I posted was a piece by piece board and I have had it for 7 years now, the only game I used it for was wow, so the build was a decent speed for what I was looking for. I also just had a little girl so I try to save in between purchases to make sure I have something left over.

I can assure you that I won't be upgrading for a while, besides, with the AM3/AM3+ technology, will be persistent for quite a while as told by many techs, so it won't hurt a bit to stick with the selected few.

I just want to know if that board is worth using.
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2011 3:17:51 PM

So it pretty much got a thumbs up, just the downside of sluggish USB3.0 performance. But then again, because it has limited crossfire support does this mean I cannot use SLi technology using nvidia?

Should I just stick with ASUS M4N98TD EVO AM3? To avoid the corssfire support? Im all for nvidia and less for ati
m
l
December 10, 2013 6:23:51 AM

this board is compitable for fx-6300 amd processor.. tell need to buy that board and processor..help..
m
l
!