Upgrading network...where to start???

xExDiesel

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Hello,

I want to upgrade my wireless network and was wondering where to start.

Currently I have an old D-Link PCI adapter that's on it's last leg connecting to a D-Link DGL-4300 router. I game a lot...mainly on my consoles, Xbox360 and PS3 both hardwired (for now), and increasingly more on my PC (wireless).

I think I'll start with my network card, I was looking at the D-Link DWA-556...thoughts on this...and what about my router, should I look at upgrading that too.

I'm running Windows 7 64x, so it need to be compatible...any suggestions?

Here my system specs:
AMD 955be
MSI 790FX-GD70
OMZ DDR3
Sapphire HD4890
Corsair 650wt
Windows 7 64x

xExDiesel

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Wow...thanks for the info...

I'm a little disappointed, I thought that making a post here would net me the info I need to make a more intelligent buying decision...but I guess not.

Sorry you had no replies but it's difficult to get advice on buying products for Broadband in such an international forum as Tom's. I could suggest my favourite router (if I had one :D) but as I live in the UK where we have ADSL Broadband, it would be a waste of your time to read about something that wouldn't work in the States or lots of other countries.[/#000ff]

xExDiesel

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
yeah, I hear ya, but the weird thing is if you make a post about having a problem with product "A" then you'll get all kinds of remarks about how you should have bough t this or that you should have done some research before you by...kinda of funny cause that is exactly what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for your reply though. :)