HELP!!! RECOVERING IMPORTANT DATA

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2005 11:50:08 AM

Can anyone advise of any products that can help me recover data from a
lost laptop???

My last one was stolen and I didn't back-up any data (not disciplined
enough) and lost very important information. Now I am having to start
again, and not particularly keen on this happening again.

many thanks!

Sam
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2005 8:05:24 PM

"shemuel" <samuelbarona@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone advise of any products that can help me recover data from a
> lost laptop???
>
> My last one was stolen and I didn't back-up any data (not disciplined
> enough) and lost very important information. Now I am having to start
> again, and not particularly keen on this happening again.

I really hate to burst your bubble but unless you have paranormal abilities and can
mentally fetch data from a laptop in a different space continuum, you will need to
implement some sort of a consistent backup procedure and practice it religiously
before your laptop grows legs. It can be as simple as copying important files to a
backup device by hand or can involve a dedicated backup program. For a specific
advice tell us which operating system do you use and what hardware (hard/optical
drives, usb memory, etc.) do you have available. Sorry, my crystal ball is a little
cloudy today.

--
!