My new build - rate please :)

13 answers Last reply
More about build rate
  1. I will rate it 7 considering its only having 3GB of ram and not a best mobo !!
  2. oh its 4gb and what mobo would you recommend?
  3. 4GB is still a bit tight and also core i7 is triple channel memory support so u have to get a 6GB ram.

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231223
    MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131641

Also wat r u gona do with 2 of GTX 480's, wat resolution would u be running?
  4. I would go with the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard or the ASUS P6X58D Premium. And I would go with 6 or 12 GB's of triple channel memory instead of 4 GB's of double channel. Pick the better board for you and we'll help with memory.
  5. Are you really going to use Lightscribe?

If you're going this far, use 2x580 instead of 2x480. Cooler, faster.

Power consumption for 2x480 under Furmark is 851W at the wall:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/159

so you really need to step up to the 1000W Corsair.
  6. Your i7 is on the 1136 platform, which has triple channel memory, id get a 3x2GB ram kit.
    Have you brought the parts yet? Get a single GTX 580 now (or wait two weeks for the 69xx series to launch and see what happens) and SLI later...
    Get the HX-850, build will be neater and more efficent.
  7. @mianmars i live in australia and newegg doesnt overseas, i was planning to get 6gb but then i couldnt find any
  8. have u already bought those component or about to buy? if u r about to buy then u can get it from ebay top sellers as i did myself even though i live in Pakistan.
  9. @suteck should i go for the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R? :s
  10. No... I would go with the ASUS P6X58D-E or ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 before the UD3R. If you have a little higher budget, I would look at the EVGA X58 FTW3.

As the group mentioned, you want 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 for an X58 board, however, it isn't a must. You can run with 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 in dual-channel mode on most X58 boards (just not typically recommended :) ).

edit: As for your build, I give you 5.5 with your current choice of UD3R & 4GB of RAM.
  11. I like the UD3R because it has so many sata ports, never had driver issues or component failures and overclocks nicely if/when you get around to it. It's a little on the older side but there's a reason they still sell well. even Newegg still sells them and they are quick to deactivate items that don't sell well. Shoot, I use it on one of my favorite builds as you can see in my sig. So yeah, to me that's a viable option that rates at least a 9. I'm not trashing the asus board, the premium board is good also (one of my recommendations). But I have first hand experience with the gigabyte and it's great.
  12. i forgot to change it to 6gb oops
  13. Just remember the ram you have posted is only listed for the gigabyte board. I don't see it on the asus QVL or G-Skill's list
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product