TMS_01

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Hello, I am trying to upgrade a laptop for my daughter it's a acer aspire 5315-2153, I have upgraded the ram to 3 gig, and installed win 7, I also have flashed the newer BIOS 1.43, other than that it is stock. what CPU can I put in this computer to upgrade? She dosent play games just general kid stuff,IE pix, chat ,facebook etc. any help would be appreciated !!!! Thanks!!

TMS_01

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

I bought a Intel core two duo T7500 for $50 bucks of of ebay along with 4gb of ram for another $40 and installed myself including windows 7 64 bit with the proccessor change i could up the speed on the RAM from 533 ghz to 800 ghz, also installed a SSD and this thing FLYS !!!!!!!!! so thanks to all the nay-sayers that it couldnt be done YOU WERE MY MOTOVATION!!!!!!!! P.S. the CPU,RAM, and HHD change took about 15 min. and no motherboard change was needed. Even an amature could do it because I did !!!!!!!!

TMS_01

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Good work...
I recommended the SSD, how's it actually feel to have it running, awesome huh.?
How much was the total project.?
As long as it was manageable and less than a new unit then it is worth it.
I have a slightly older Dell laptop already with a C2D T7200 but I would have to change out the entire board for upgrade.. :cry:
The whole thing was under $100 bucks, ( I already had the SSD in my desktop that i almost never use anymore ) It was really easy, and it runs like a champ!!!!

TMS_01

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
The SSD that you had was a nice move then.... definitely.
You did not mention that you had one laying around..
CHEATER.. :kaola:

Just kidding.
Enjoy.
I was using it in my desktop just to run the operating system but it really didnt help much I already hade a 1tb HHD in it 7200 rpm so i just tried it out and I LIKE !!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS