8 pin connector on Asus p68z delux

Thar

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I have the 24 pin connector plugged in... the 8 pin. Do I just plug a 4 pin into the left half of this??

Please only answer if you know for a fact.

Or do I need an 8 pin connector. I only build a new comp ever 2 - 3 years and the small things change, yet the manuals get worse.

I'd rather look like a noob here then mess my new build up. So if someone knows for sure if I just plug a 4 pin connector in here let me know.

Also the Asus GTX 570. Do I need occupie all 14 pins or just either the group or 8 or the group of 6. Again the power requirments and plug in's keep changing over time and the manuals are worthless these days. At one time they got all the power from the pci slot. Then they added a four pin connector like to the hard drive. Then they added a special four pin square connector and the 4 pin connector like the hard drive but at that time it was either or... use the special four pin or the in line four pin.

So do I need occupy both groups of pins the group of 8 and the group of 6?

peanut_316

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Plug the 24 pins in MOBO

Most boards will have a 4 pin cap on it U can plug in 8 for the CPU..4 will do too

Asus 570gtx plug ALL 14 pins in...1x8pin cord and 1x6pin cord PCI-E

Thar

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Most boards will have a 4 pin cap on it U can plug in 8 for the CPU..4 will do too
Yeah my old asus had 8 pin connector with a cap over 4. So was easy. This one just has the 8 pin sans cap. Was not sure what I needed to do. So just occupy the left 4 pins. Great.