Sign in with
Your question

Is it broken? (graphic card)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 5, 2010 12:20:28 AM

One of my NFS-planet forum members RacingTopsy his a problem with he graphics card. here what he wrote:

It started as i only could stay in games for like 1 min utill my pc crashed. Then even when I was surfing on the web and all of a sudden my whole screen was filled with neon pink squares.
When I start up the pc i have a screen where it shows the brand of my mainboard. There there also are a few mistakes in it. But i can do the rest well (write surf etc. atm.) it just all lookes a bit blurred [:digitalprospecter:2]

Also: When i want to srat a game the computer emediately crashes and when i want to edit a video in moviemaker it wont start because my hardware doesent seem to be good enough.

So how can can i check if something is broken without exchanging everything? Any programmes etc.?

Would be pleased if someone could help.

I'll let him know that I put his problem on here ok?

More about : broken graphic card

a b U Graphics card
October 5, 2010 9:16:26 AM

You try a few benchmarking programs, if they crash and reboot the pc it'll be logical that something is amiss.
Trying from within windows a few tests will also give him some sort of errors which can be identified.
installing a few temp sensor programs would be an added help to us in identifying what's leading to the main problem.
October 5, 2010 11:40:25 AM

What is furmark?
Related resources
a c 171 U Graphics card
October 5, 2010 11:46:21 AM

Might be a temp issue. Have him remove the card and clean the heatsink of all dust. If its from a hot card this might fix it. If that doesn't work then the card will need to be replaced. (test with a known good card first to rule out any crazy other possibility.)
October 5, 2010 5:39:05 PM

4745454b said:
Might be a temp issue. Have him remove the card and clean the heatsink of all dust. If its from a hot card this might fix it. If that doesn't work then the card will need to be replaced. (test with a known good card first to rule out any crazy other possibility.)

He tried that FurMark and his computer crashed in less than 1 seconds. So it seems pretty clear that he will need a new card :( 
Btw, Temperatures are ok.
!