madmike_10

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Hello,

I haven't build a machine in over 5 years :( (took time off for college). I am looking to build a new desktop that will primarily be used as my day to day machine, no gaming. I would REALLY appreciate some help in designing a new machine as my old one is starting to fail and with cyber monday approaching, I thought that this might as well be the time to upgrade.

Approximate Purchase Date: (Cyber Monday)

Budget Range: (1500)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (media streaming, movies, surfing internet, light photo editing)

Parts Not Required: (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, )

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (newegg.com)

Country of Origin: (USA)

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (Really no preference)

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Forgive me, not really sure what this is

Monitor Resolution: (?)

Additional Comments: (I would like it to be pretty quite, able to run HD/Blueray content, run dual monitors)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (media streaming, movies, surfing internet, light photo editing)

Additional Comments: (I would like it to be pretty quite, able to run HD/Blueray content, run dual monitors)

Frankly i am thinking Quad +IGP chipset? Most photo edit apps/software dun gain from GPU acceleration but just to be sure: what app/software do u use for photo edit?

madmike_10

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
I usually use photoshop lightroom and occasionally photoshop itself. To be honest it is VERY occasional use but I would like the machine to be able to handle it.

Thanks for the start! I appreciate it... being away from it all for awhile and it all seems like a foreign language, I feel like i'm back at school trying to cram for a final!

madmike_10

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
comp.jpg

What do you think of this build so far, I need to know what would be the best video card(s) to run. I would like to run dual monitors and be able to play HD/Blue ray content easily. I also need an opinion on blue ray player.

Thanks