Find the rigth motherboard to my processor

Solution
First, try resetting your BIOS.

Are you using a different video card now, or onboard video?

What model power supply do you have?

vince_11

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
i have here, intel dual core E2200, ASUS P5SD2-VM motherboard, 1gb 6677 kingston ddr2 memory and 500W
PSU. My problem is, PROBLEM NUMBER 1, i have a video card nvidia GF-7300-GT-DVI-TV-DDR2-512MB i decided not to use this, because when i put this card to my motherboard my PC won't boot, it remains black in my monitor. Problem number 2, when i boot my PC i have a message "CPU over voltage error!" and it beeps like this "..----" 2 fast beeps and 4 regular beeps, and if i press F1 it continue, but here is another problem when i open movies in my media player it hangs and blue screen then restart. please help me about this problem, sorry for my english, thanks.

dwarf10

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

I think you should not worry about some one's advice!!

vince_11

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
can you please give the steps on how to reset the bios? how about the message "CPU Over Voltage Error" what it means? and the beeps 2 fast and 4 moderate beeps? thanks.

I'm sorry, but you don't know the OP's budget, what he uses it for, or much else. Just advising to upgrade to Sandy Bridge isn't sound.

Tap the delete key repeatedly on startup. That will normally get you into the BIOS. There will be an option to reset the BIOS defaults. This can also be done by removing the CMOS battery on the motherboard for ~5 minutes.

The overvoltage error could be from the voltage setting in the BIOS, you may need a BIOS upgrade, failing hardware, or some other reasons. If the voltage setting has been changed, resetting the BIOS may also resolve this. The beep code may be a result of the error you're seeing.