Robots Insane mode

I started playing with robots "one on one" and set the skill, INSANE
mode. All I can say,-WOW!
I'm an experienced player with over 2 years playing time, but in insane
mode I get my ass kicked all the time.
Few times I scored 5 points out of 10, but that was the highest I could
go so far.
Noticed, robots can target me very accurately, even me dodging left-to
-right fast, few time got blown out of the air by robot sniping. That's
pretty good.
Only way I can kill them, when they come through a door way or hall and
I blast him with shock rifle, rockets or get a lucky shot.
Most of the time they chasing me and out in the open I'm useless, get
killed pretty fast.
How others do against robots in the highest setting, insane?
Julius
10 answers Last reply
More about robots insane mode
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On the insane level, their skills can't be replicated by humans. You
    can't sneak up on them, and their aim is the same as a human player
    aim-botting. I don't mind losing to a superior human, but playing
    against top skilled bots reminds me of playing against someone with
    "cheats".

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:37:33 -0700, szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I started playing with robots "one on one" and set the skill, INSANE
    >mode. All I can say,-WOW!
    >I'm an experienced player with over 2 years playing time, but in insane
    >mode I get my ass kicked all the time.
    >Few times I scored 5 points out of 10, but that was the highest I could
    >go so far.
    >Noticed, robots can target me very accurately, even me dodging left-to
    >-right fast, few time got blown out of the air by robot sniping. That's
    >pretty good.
    >Only way I can kill them, when they come through a door way or hall and
    >I blast him with shock rifle, rockets or get a lucky shot.
    >Most of the time they chasing me and out in the open I'm useless, get
    >killed pretty fast.
    >How others do against robots in the highest setting, insane?
    >Julius
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    I do kill them many times, but not in the open, also I can play with time if
    I'm ahead, Max 10 minutes game time.
    For sure, their aiming skill is very accurate even from far way, using the
    in accurat shock combo or the green plasma gun.
    If I keep my self out in the open, I get killed easy, because the superior
    targeting they have.
    I have to keep my distance from them and all ways need some thing to cover
    my self from robot gun fires.
    I can dodge for a while, but they all ways get me at the end.
    Any way it's still fun, playing with superior skills than mine.
    I have a few videos downloaded as top players playing from UT2003, and I
    would compare that to insane level, the way they move, targeting and
    switching weapons.
    All ways fun to watch it.
    Hope fully my skills will improve!
    Any way I'm 48 years old, looks like I haven't grown up yet. (o:
    Julius

    "Christoofar" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On the insane level, their skills can't be replicated by humans. You
    > can't sneak up on them, and their aim is the same as a human player
    > aim-botting. I don't mind losing to a superior human, but playing
    > against top skilled bots reminds me of playing against someone with
    > "cheats".
    >
    > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:37:33 -0700, szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I started playing with robots "one on one" and set the skill, INSANE
    >>mode. All I can say,-WOW!
    >>I'm an experienced player with over 2 years playing time, but in insane
    >>mode I get my ass kicked all the time.
    >>Few times I scored 5 points out of 10, but that was the highest I could
    >>go so far.
    >>Noticed, robots can target me very accurately, even me dodging left-to
    >>-right fast, few time got blown out of the air by robot sniping. That's
    >>pretty good.
    >>Only way I can kill them, when they come through a door way or hall and
    >>I blast him with shock rifle, rockets or get a lucky shot.
    >>Most of the time they chasing me and out in the open I'm useless, get
    >>killed pretty fast.
    >>How others do against robots in the highest setting, insane?
    >>Julius

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:56:44 GMT, Christoofar <nospam@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On the insane level, their skills can't be replicated by humans. You
    >can't sneak up on them, and their aim is the same as a human player
    >aim-botting. I don't mind losing to a superior human, but playing
    >against top skilled bots reminds me of playing against someone with
    >"cheats".

    You are very true. "Insane" are aimbots without the superfluous human
    element. The whole fun of UT is fighting real people, at the same time
    infinitely more cunning and infinitely more stupid than a bot.

    I had a go at Counter Strike Source today. One terrorist had the
    custom spray pattern to copy themselves onto a wall. You come around
    the corner, empty your weapon at a "terrorist" only to get picked off
    by the real thing while you reload. Dick Dastardly would have been so
    proud!

    --

    Julian Richards
    usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    wrote:

    > their aim is the same as a human player aim-botting.

    The bots in the game are simply code. The game always "knows" where
    you are, so it's incredibly simple for the bots to hit you every time.
    The "aimbot" code that you see in the wild is the same code that the
    bots use to target you. So a human player using an aimbot is actually
    using the same code that the in-game bots use to target you.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Folk wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:56:44 GMT, Christoofar <nospam@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>their aim is the same as a human player aim-botting.
    >

    > The bots in the game are simply code. The game always "knows" where
    > you are, so it's incredibly simple for the bots to hit you every time.
    > The "aimbot" code that you see in the wild is the same code that the
    > bots use to target you. So a human player using an aimbot is actually
    > using the same code that the in-game bots use to target you.

    What's an aim-bot? Can it be turned off?
    If I set level to experienced or adopt, I can kick robots ass any time.
    JS
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    szaki enlightened us with:
    > What's an aim-bot?

    That's a piece of software that allows it's user to cheat in network
    games, by giving perfect aim, a radar that shows the positions of all
    the players, the ability to look through walls, etc.

    > Can it be turned off?

    Yes, but the users generally don't want to.

    MeltDown
    --
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote in

    > I started playing with robots "one on one" and set the skill,
    > INSANE mode. All I can say,-WOW!
    > I'm an experienced player with over 2 years playing time, but in
    > insane mode I get my ass kicked all the time.
    > Few times I scored 5 points out of 10, but that was the highest I
    > could go so far.

    Are you talking about UT2k4? I just played "Single Player" and the
    only way I found to set difficulty was to create a new profile, which
    has a dropdown menu which includes "Godlike" (the highest). None of
    the difficulty levels was named "Insane".

    The Godlike bots are pretty much as you described them. They hit
    very often, with scan weapons. A good way of killing them is
    anticipating when they come through doorways and laying some rockets
    in their path.

    I'm not an experienced 1v1 player, but I am a fairly accomplished
    deathmatch player. I beat a godlike bot by outshooting him with the
    shock rifle, both primary and with shock combos. The bot still kills
    me a lot, because on "Idoma", the only map I can play it on, there
    isn't a lot of health lying around, and he hits me from any line of
    sight. won 10-8.

    I assume that playing against a good human opponent would be very
    different.

    -Dan / Tuber
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Daniel Damouth wrote:
    > szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote in
    >

    >>I started playing with robots "one on one" and set the skill,
    >>INSANE mode. All I can say,-WOW!
    >>I'm an experienced player with over 2 years playing time, but in
    >>insane mode I get my ass kicked all the time.
    >>Few times I scored 5 points out of 10, but that was the highest I
    >>could go so far.
    >

    > Are you talking about UT2k4? I just played "Single Player" and the
    > only way I found to set difficulty was to create a new profile, which
    > has a dropdown menu which includes "Godlike" (the highest). None of
    > the difficulty levels was named "Insane".
    >
    > The Godlike bots are pretty much as you described them. They hit
    > very often, with scan weapons. A good way of killing them is
    > anticipating when they come through doorways and laying some rockets
    > in their path.
    >
    > I'm not an experienced 1v1 player, but I am a fairly accomplished
    > deathmatch player. I beat a godlike bot by outshooting him with the
    > shock rifle, both primary and with shock combos. The bot still kills
    > me a lot, because on "Idoma", the only map I can play it on, there
    > isn't a lot of health lying around, and he hits me from any line of
    > sight. won 10-8.
    >
    > I assume that playing against a good human opponent would be very
    > different.
    >
    > -Dan / Tuber

    Yes, Godlike, I don't know why I said "Insane"!
    Last few days I've improved my skill, playing with stronger oponents,
    Godlike robots. I'm doing much better with forward dodging.
    I'll keep playing with them, lot of fun.
    Julius
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:40:33 GMT, Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >I assume that playing against a good human opponent would be very
    >different.

    I have no interest in playing against bots. There's no fun in it. As I
    said, human players are both infinite dumber and infinitely more
    cunning (in varying proportions!). Bots can't get the idea to cover
    their Mantas in spiders mines for a one pass kill on a Goliath and
    human players can stand there sniping, oblivious to the sticky
    grenades you are attaching to them from behind.

    --

    Julian Richards
    usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:01:45 +0200, MeltDown
    <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote:

    >szaki enlightened us with:
    >> What's an aim-bot?
    >
    >That's a piece of software that allows it's user to cheat in network
    >games, by giving perfect aim, a radar that shows the positions of all
    >the players, the ability to look through walls, etc.
    >
    >> Can it be turned off?
    >
    >Yes, but the users generally don't want to.

    An aimbot is a piece of software for someone with no friends so that
    they can remain friendless.

    --

    Julian Richards
    usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

World Of Warcraft Games Video Games