Sign in with
Your question

Gift for the Parents

Last response: in Systems
November 28, 2010 1:44:43 PM

So my parents old Dell is on its last leg and its time to bite the bullet. They are parents so remeber, nothing complicated because I will be getting the phones calls :lol:  .

Approximate Purchase Date: In time for Christmas

Budget Range: Would like to come in around or under $500. Lower is better.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Normal browsing, emailing, and such. Lite office work. My dad likes to play around with video editing and making dvd's(vacations and such). Nothing too serious, just a few star wipes here and there.

Parts Not Required:Speakers, Keyboard Mouse, CD-Rom

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, Directron.com(local), and I have a Fry's close

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: I am open to either Intel or AMD. I would like the budget to include room for a new monitor(22"-25"). Doesn't have to be top shelf, but my pops was blown away when he saw a co-workes 24" monitor.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Not unless my dad goes through a midlife crisis and decides he never got to have enough "me" time with video games.

Monitor Resolution: Hopefully 720p-1080p. Again, not for gaming but occasional video streaming and lite editing.

Additional Comments: I would almost prefer small form factor just to save space on their desk, but is not crucial. They've been living with whopping big towers for some time now. Thanks in advance for any help or push in the right direction. A safe and happy holidays to all.

EDIT: Just saw someone else posted a build for their parents.

More about : gift parents

!