How to use more hypermemory

assyrianboi

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Hello,
Recently I bought an Aspire 5536 Acer laptop. It shows that it has an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card with up to 1408mb of hypermemory. I didn't notice the words hypermemory and when I tested Counter-strike: Source on my laptop, I had about 30-40 fps. I was quite pissed because it says that it will "borrow" more memory when needed. If that is the case then WHY THE HELL DO I GET CRAPPY FPS IN POPULATED AREAS? I feel like I've been ripped off and was wondering if I can change a setting to use more graphics so I have alot better fps>

Hello and welcome to the forums
Unfortunately you can't do much about the performance because HD 3200 is a low-end card for gaming.You can't change the VGA either,so the only thing that may give you better performance is to lower your settings/resolution.

cklaubur

Distinguished
Hypermemory is just a feature that allows the graphics chip to use system memory. Nvidia's version of the same feature is called TurboCache. The chip itself probably has only 32 mb or so of actual memory. Unfortunately, all the memory in the world won't make up for a weak graphics chip. The only thing you can really do is what Maziar suggested, change your detail settings.

Casey

assyrianboi

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Well that really sucks. Very misleading if you ask me, since it's about the same as a freaking 256mb card. Honestly why do they even say that there is 1408 of mb? Well i spent $1200 on it and we aren't very rich so I guess I'll have to wait a while for a new one.