Sign in with
Your question

Dell gx280 after replace cmos still show low battery error possible solution

Last response: in CPUs
February 24, 2011 12:23:35 PM

Hello, i have dell optiplex gx280 every shows low battery press f1 to continue or f2 setup after even i have replaced
February 24, 2011 12:25:18 PM

cmos battery error low battery or press F1 OR F2 SETUP
February 24, 2011 4:15:57 PM

How old is it? It could be that the motherboard is faulty and recognizing the new cmos battery. I had similar issue a while back.
Related resources
February 24, 2011 4:33:18 PM

walter_23 said:
Hello, i have dell optiplex gx280 every shows low battery press f1 to continue or f2 setup after even i have replaced

I know I ain't much help :pt1cable:  ,but I hate those OEM's & especially those Dell type big brand name OEM's :fou:  ...Best to make your own & learn ;)  ...
a c 133 à CPUs
February 24, 2011 4:42:15 PM

If you are sure the new battery was good and it is still giving you this message it maybe a bad checksum value that got corrupted somehow. I would try reflashing the bios if you are sure the battery that you replaced it with is the right voltage and size.

This is more of just an annoyance then a problem so if you can't find a bios to flash it with I would just live with it.
March 16, 2011 12:56:33 PM

Read somewhere else they were getting the message still after changing the battery and was told to clear the event log in the BIOS and it worked.
I'm having the same problem but I have tried changing the battery yet...just tried clearing the event log...so maybe you have to do both.
!