Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
feature.

Toby

On 2005-06-22, kilowatt@charter.net <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote:
> I hope someone in the know sees this message.
>
> I think the one feature that can make deathmatch fun for everyone of
> all skill levels would be to have a handicap mode.
>
> Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
> could be a welcome feature.
>
> You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
> largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
> group.
>
> Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
> feature.

Theres a handicap in Q3A, but it doesn't work very well in gameplay. The
stronger player has less health, which means that he changes his play
style, since it only takes one or two hits for him to die.

I find Voosh is quite a good leveller, and Instagib removes the
advangage to those who have time to learn many maps and weapon
locations.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

Kilowatt

I know and it made it fun for weaker players. If UT would add
adjusting the hanidcap on the fly, you would have a game that was fun
for all.

Toby wrote:
> On 2005-06-22, kilowatt@charter.net <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote:
> > I hope someone in the know sees this message.
> >
> > I think the one feature that can make deathmatch fun for everyone of
> > all skill levels would be to have a handicap mode.
> >
> > Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
> > could be a welcome feature.
> >
> > You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
> > largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
> > group.
> >
> > Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
> > feature.
>
> Theres a handicap in Q3A, but it doesn't work very well in gameplay. The
> stronger player has less health, which means that he changes his play
> style, since it only takes one or two hits for him to die.
>
> I find Voosh is quite a good leveller, and Instagib removes the
> advangage to those who have time to learn many maps and weapon
> locations.
>
> --
> Toby.
> Add the word afiduluminag to the subject
> field to circumvent my email filters.
> Ignore any mail delivery error.

there is a mod for ut2004, don't remember the name now, but I can look for
it if you want. We have it installed on our tdm server.
Teamdeathamtch or 1 vs. 1, first to reach 10.
A team scores when it killed all the members of the other team.
Each player starts with 100 shield, 100 health and all weapons.
With each victory, the amount of shield and health goes down for the winning
team only.
So, lets say it is 9-0, the team with 9 would have like 40-40 or lower
(don't remember) and the other team would be 100-100.

this is what you are looking for?

"Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-06-22, kilowatt@charter.net <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote:
>> I hope someone in the know sees this message.
>>
>> I think the one feature that can make deathmatch fun for everyone of
>> all skill levels would be to have a handicap mode.
>>
>> Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
>> could be a welcome feature.
>>
>> You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
>> largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
>> group.
>>
>> Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
>> feature.
>
> Theres a handicap in Q3A, but it doesn't work very well in gameplay. The
> stronger player has less health, which means that he changes his play
> style, since it only takes one or two hits for him to die.
>
> I find Voosh is quite a good leveller, and Instagib removes the
> advangage to those who have time to learn many maps and weapon
> locations.
>
> --
> Toby.
> Add the word afiduluminag to the subject
> field to circumvent my email filters.
> Ignore any mail delivery error.

stop crying like a chicken and start praticing.
if you dont like a server, take a break or move to another one.
i intend to play with better players than me to improve myself, otherwise i
would be playing tictactoe.
there will always be somebody better then you, get real.

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

> <kilowatt@charter.net> sez:
>> If UT would add adjusting the hanidcap on the fly, you would have a game
> that was fun
>> that was fun for all.
>>

> Man, I'd be satisfied if the servers would balance the teams at the start
> of
> each map based on each player's performance on the previous map. It's
> really annoying when the top three players from one map all start the next
> map on the same team.
>
> ~SomeOldDude~

Kilowatt

DM will always be the best test of skill. I think if UT included a
handicap mode as an option more people would get into online play. It
would let you ease into play. Most people, like I did, jump into
online play and get their asses handed to them on a platter. This is
intimidating.

UT has a multitude of options. I hope this is one they have overlooked
and might include it in the future. This would make a level playing
field for all skill levels until they get ready for the big boys. I
think even the skillful players would find this mode entertaining. You
can still tell who the mac daddy is by the large handicap he would be
playing with.

syanide wrote:
> [...]

> >> Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
> >> could be a welcome feature.
> >>
> >> You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
> >> largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
> >> group.
> >>
> >> Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
> >> feature.
> >
> > Theres a handicap in Q3A, but it doesn't work very well in gameplay. The
> > stronger player has less health, which means that he changes his play
> > style, since it only takes one or two hits for him to die.
> >
> > I find Voosh is quite a good leveller, and Instagib removes the
> > advangage to those who have time to learn many maps and weapon
> > locations.
> >
> > --
> > Toby.
> > Add the word afiduluminag to the subject

i agree.. we primarily do the tdm ladder.. but the mod is a good
alternative.. bit like LMS with limited ammo.. but with a single life... and
several rounds...

I may sort a TAM night in the next few weeks.. on our clan kplay server.. if
anyone is interested?

let me know