Solved

Asus P8Z68 v pro motherboard bios update

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • BIOS
Last response: in Motherboards
October 29, 2011 2:16:15 PM

I can't seem to update the bios on my motherboard. I went to the asus website selected my motherboard and downloaded the files I needed but when I try to open the BUPDATER.exe file I get "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." anyone have any ideas on how to fix this and I want to update my motherboard because my monitor yesterday had a dark screen for a few seconds and then it went back to normal, I read online that updating the motherboard can help. My computer is very new and today is the third day that I'm using it. I got the drivers for all my other hardware components and the chipset driver.

More about : asus p8z68 pro motherboard bios update

a c 269 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 29, 2011 2:45:49 PM

1) Do not update your motherboard bios unless the update is likely to fix a problem you have.
A failed update has the potential to permanently brick your motherboard.
Check the ASUS documentation to see if the fixes might address your issue. I doubt it will.
Your bios screen will tell you the level you are starting at.

2) The 32/64 bit is probably referring to a version of the update program which must match the 32/64 bit mode of Windows. Check which version of the bios update you are downloading.

3) I think I would use the EZ flash method instead. Read your manual. Download the bios to a fat32/16 formatted usb drive. If there is any possibility of a power glitch while updating, Get a ups first to prevent an update failure.
m
l

Best solution

October 29, 2011 2:57:25 PM

Have you tried using the EZ flash program in your BIOS?

Save the file from ASUS, extract, reboot, hit Del to get into BIOS, run EZ Flash, point it to where the x.rom file is located.

As mentioned, you can do serious damage to your motherboard if the flash goes wrong.
October 29, 2011 3:18:19 PM

geofelt said:
1) Do not update your motherboard bios unless the update is likely to fix a problem you have.
A failed update has the potential to permanently brick your motherboard.
Check the ASUS documentation to see if the fixes might address your issue. I doubt it will.
Your bios screen will tell you the level you are starting at.

2) The 32/64 bit is probably referring to a version of the update program which must match the 32/64 bit mode of Windows. Check which version of the bios update you are downloading.

3) I think I would use the EZ flash method instead. Read your manual. Download the bios to a fat32/16 formatted usb drive. If there is any possibility of a power glitch while updating, Get a ups first to prevent an update failure.

The update says it'll increase stability so I think that it could help.

hunuok said:
Have you tried using the EZ flash program in your BIOS?

Save the file from ASUS, extract, reboot, hit Del to get into BIOS, run EZ Flash, point it to where the x.rom file is located.

As mentioned, you can do serious damage to your motherboard if the flash goes wrong.

I haven't tried the ez flash program yet. thank you to the both of you.
m
l
October 29, 2011 6:29:24 PM

Best answer selected by qwerty123z.
m
l
!