Why is my cpu preforming so poorly?

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
In the first score report (the higher one), your CPU speed is reported as 2333MHz, while in the lower score report it is reported as 2224MHz. Now that's not a significant difference at all, but I have to wonder what types of settings were changed between each config that could possibly cause a discrepancy between the scores.

I would say review all your settings and then rerun the benchmark and see what the results are. Also, your Windows version is different between the two (6.0.6001 in the first and 6.0.6002 in the second).

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
If you had different power settings during each test that may make some difference. I would say just set your power settings to high performance and then rerun. The first run may have been buggy or affected by various settings.

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
There's not a huge difference between those speeds, and power settings could even account for it. Also, its possible there's something running in the background or that the first test was abnormally high.

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
the first one? the 16k? no that test was consistant with my old card. which was before i restored computer too.
Another think is my quad core supposed to be using all 4 cores at once?
cuz its not!
i was running furmark and it seeems to show that only 1 core is running.
while the others are like on a passive mode.

This is just a thought I may be totally wrong but could the less memory hurt PhysX performance. Because even though it says CPU doesn't it also use the GPU as part as physics when its a Nvidia card.

Again I think I might be wrong but just putting it out there.

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
speedfan and task manager are showing that the first core is being macxed out like completely at 100%, then the second one is kinda working, but the last two cores are on like passive.

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
like when i run furmark,
core 0 automatically jumps to 100% and the other cores are running at like 9%,6% and 3%. is there a way to evenly distribute the usage?
i Hve many things opem while running the test but the cpu usage doesnt go above 30%

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Depends on your motherboard, to enter the BIOS you have the press a certain key after your computer starts up but before your operating system loads. There may be a message asking you to press a certain key to enter the BIOS that flashes on screen for a second or two. Your motherboard manual will give you exact instructions.

TRENDING THREADS