  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 29, 2005 12:34:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Hope this info helps others. All ATT (and I think Cingular as well) text
message addresses have changed to "@mmode.com"

I don't know about other customers but I was never told until I had
problems with text messaging over the past 48 hours.

I was not getting text messages. Nor was my wife.

I called ATTWS (I'm still on TDMA) yesterday and asked if they were
having problems with text messaging. Customer Service said no and sent
me a test message that came through. In hindsight, they probably didn't
send via email.

Then last night I didn't get another text message and the sender got an
error. So I sent several text messages to my cell and they did not get
through but no error bounce backs.

I just called Customer Service. They said "the addresses have changed
let me get it for you." He came back on and said that all customers (ATT
and Cingular) were now "@mmode.com".

I asked when the change was made. A: about a week ago. Q: why didn't you
tell your customers. A: we just found out in Customer Service, there
have been communication problems with the merger.

I suggested that it is awful customer service and that he should tell
his boss squared since many people rely on text messaging for travel
updates and day to day communication.

So, FWIW.......HTH

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com

More about : text msg address change

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:45:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I received a text message from Cingular advising of this change on 4/12/05.

"Norm" <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
> Hope this info helps others. All ATT (and I think Cingular as well) text
> message addresses have changed to "@mmode.com"
>
> I don't know about other customers but I was never told until I had
> problems with text messaging over the past 48 hours.
>
> I was not getting text messages. Nor was my wife.
>
> I called ATTWS (I'm still on TDMA) yesterday and asked if they were
> having problems with text messaging. Customer Service said no and sent
> me a test message that came through. In hindsight, they probably didn't
> send via email.
>
> Then last night I didn't get another text message and the sender got an
> error. So I sent several text messages to my cell and they did not get
> through but no error bounce backs.
>
> I just called Customer Service. They said "the addresses have changed
> let me get it for you." He came back on and said that all customers (ATT
> and Cingular) were now "@mmode.com".
>
> I asked when the change was made. A: about a week ago. Q: why didn't you
> tell your customers. A: we just found out in Customer Service, there
> have been communication problems with the merger.
>
> I suggested that it is awful customer service and that he should tell
> his boss squared since many people rely on text messaging for travel
> updates and day to day communication.
>
> So, FWIW.......HTH
>
> --
> Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
April 29, 2005 6:42:14 PM

I can get texts from other phones, and when I use AIM forwaring to
phone, it works.

Both "number@mobile.mycingular.com", and "number@mmode.com" do
nothing. No bounce to the mail client, and no message on the phone.

Customer service was clue-less but did open a ticket. We'll see.

I use a TDMA Motorola C331 at present. My contract has a few months
left - then guess it's in to the GSM foray.

Norm <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>Hope this info helps others. All ATT (and I think Cingular as well) text
>message addresses have changed to "@mmode.com"
>
>I don't know about other customers but I was never told until I had
>problems with text messaging over the past 48 hours.
>
>I was not getting text messages. Nor was my wife.
>
>I called ATTWS (I'm still on TDMA) yesterday and asked if they were
>having problems with text messaging. Customer Service said no and sent
>me a test message that came through. In hindsight, they probably didn't
>send via email.
>
>Then last night I didn't get another text message and the sender got an
>error. So I sent several text messages to my cell and they did not get
>through but no error bounce backs.
>
>I just called Customer Service. They said "the addresses have changed
>let me get it for you." He came back on and said that all customers (ATT
>and Cingular) were now "@mmode.com".
>
>I asked when the change was made. A: about a week ago. Q: why didn't you
>tell your customers. A: we just found out in Customer Service, there
>have been communication problems with the merger.
>
>I suggested that it is awful customer service and that he should tell
>his boss squared since many people rely on text messaging for travel
>updates and day to day communication.
>
>So, FWIW.......HTH
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:15:12 PM

In article <5c3571d9gbk94u8fskuqihracp1s0bd0u6@4ax.com>, mm1245
@netzero.net says...
> I can get texts from other phones, and when I use AIM forwaring to
> phone, it works.
>
> Both "number@mobile.mycingular.com", and "number@mmode.com" do
> nothing. No bounce to the mail client, and no message on the phone.

number@mobile.mycingular.com still works for me as of 4/30 but
number@mmode.com does not. Nor have I received any notice. Any other
Cingular not ATT customers reporting mobile.mycingular.com not working?

Why would Cingular use "mmode" -- wasn't that an ATT marketing term that
Cingular isn't even using?
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

Friday, Customer service called back, they sent me an email, then I
tested it and it works. Hmm, trouble cleared while testing?

That is using the number@mobile.mycingular.com as I have done for
some time.

Still working this weekend.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 3:31:21 AM

"Jud Hardcastle" <I5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.com> wrote in message

> Why would Cingular use "mmode" -- wasn't that an ATT marketing term that
> Cingular isn't even using?

It was an AT&T Wireless term that Cingular bought and obviously liked it
better than whatever their equivelant was.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:51:13 AM

"Merlin" <mm1245@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:o ac871tlkvetm2lhrsltk8pcm995n4ubql@4ax.com...
> Friday, Customer service called back, they sent me an email, then I
> tested it and it works. Hmm, trouble cleared while testing?
>
> That is using the number@mobile.mycingular.com as I have done for
> some time.
>
> Still working this weekend.

Still working for me (in Seattle) to