Where to put maps?

I downloaded a few ONS maps and put them in the Maps directory.
But, with one exception, none of them show up in the Map List for "Instant
Action".

What am I doing wrong?

in the cache directory

i've created a cache utility to do this on my clan webby:
www.old-clan.co.uk

"darkrats" <darkrats@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I downloaded a few ONS maps and put them in the Maps directory.
> But, with one exception, none of them show up in the Map List for "Instant
> Action".
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I mean to move the file and textures etc to the correct dir..

"syanide" <syanide@imnothere.com> wrote in message
> in the cache directory
>
> i've created a cache utility to do this on my clan webby:
> www.old-clan.co.uk
>

> "darkrats" <darkrats@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I downloaded a few ONS maps and put them in the Maps directory.
> > But, with one exception, none of them show up in the Map List for
"Instant
> > Action".
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?

this utility wil automaticly look for your game dir and subfolders and
automaticly convert the names of the cached files and move them to the
proper directorys.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:56:30 +0200, MajorUrsa <majorursa@iname.com>
wrote:

>Lance Ballantyne wrote:
>> this utility
>
>?

It's a mental telepathy test I think. It appears we both failed.

Folk wrote:
>>Lance Ballantyne wrote:
>>
>>>this utility
>>
>>?
>
> It's a mental telepathy test I think. It appears we both failed.

Or he simply wanted to send an attachment, which was stripped by the
newsserver.

Choose, whats more obvious ;-)

greets, Chris

on startup you point it to your ut2004\system folder and it constructs all
the other paths..
and yes it will move them to the correct folders.. ie.. maps to map textures
to textures etc..

Thanks. Anyone know what happened to http://ut2004maps.com?

> on startup you point it to your ut2004\system folder and it constructs all
> the other paths..
> and yes it will move them to the correct folders.. ie.. maps to map
> textures
> to textures etc..
>

> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> this utility wil automaticly look for your game dir and subfolders and
>> automaticly convert the names of the cached files and move them to the
>> proper directorys.
>>

>> "darkrats" <darkrats@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I downloaded a few ONS maps and put them in the Maps directory.
>> > But, with one exception, none of them show up in the Map List for
> "Instant
>> > Action".
>> >
>> > What am I doing wrong?

ok let me try this again because it appears perfectly fine on my ISP's
newsserver:

this utility wil automaticly look for your game dir and subfolders and
automaticly convert the names of the cached files and move them to the
proper directorys.

"Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
> this utility wil automaticly look for your game dir and subfolders and
> automaticly convert the names of the cached files and move them to the
> proper directorys.
>

> "darkrats" <darkrats@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I downloaded a few ONS maps and put them in the Maps directory.
>> But, with one exception, none of them show up in the Map List for
>> "Instant Action".
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:39:18 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
<ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:

>ok let me try this again because it appears perfectly fine on my ISP's
>newsserver:

But not on others.

It's standard operating procedure to strip binaries from non-binary
groups. If you want folks to see this then you need to either provide
a web-based link or put it in a group that allows binaries
(alt.binary.whatever).

sorry for you, but i didn't try to post a binary or an attachement with my
post. your newsreader is messed up.

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:39:18 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
> <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>ok let me try this again because it appears perfectly fine on my ISP's
>>newsserver:
>
> But not on others.
>
> It's standard operating procedure to strip binaries from non-binary
> groups. If you want folks to see this then you need to either provide
> a web-based link or put it in a group that allows binaries
> (alt.binary.whatever).

incredible how i did it again eh? :p

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:09:42 -0700, Lance Ballantyne wrote:

> incredible how i did it again eh? :p

Yeah, you're pretty impressive.

Linux Registered User #327951

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:16:18 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
<ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:

>sorry for you, but i didn't try to post a binary or an attachement with my
>post. your newsreader is messed up.

LOL. Would you like some bacon with that egg on your face?

yes please, throw a fork at me while your at it as well, lol
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:16:18 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
> <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>sorry for you, but i didn't try to post a binary or an attachement with my
>>post. your newsreader is messed up.
>
> LOL. Would you like some bacon with that egg on your face?

Andrew

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:19:55 +0200, MajorUrsa <majorursa@iname.com>
wrote:

>One of the advantages of using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
>is that you can always blame your newsreader for messing things up.

OE means always having to say you're sorry.