& Mafia 2

i would go for 5850 but i know that 5850 needs a good SYSTEM
so i decided to buy this RIG first

CPU: Core i5-760 Quad 2.8GHz
Mobo:GA P55A UD3
PSU:CORSAIR - TX650
Ram: 2x2Gb DDR3 1333MHZ

but i maykeep 9600GT little longer
i wanted to know will i see a Speed Improvement on new RIG without changing my 9600GT ? or results Will be SAME ? PLEASE dont suggest other rig because its all i can buy & i think its GREAT . Butaway i am using 1440 REZ { i May buy 5770 too for but anyway i maykeep my 9600 for longer because that RIG is expensive enough & may take my MONEY }

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Thats great thanks ... Exactly .. How much Performance improvement WILL BE ? High or Medium or Low ... i know 9600 GT is not that high { its rated 3 } where as 5850 rated 9 ...but wanna see if the time that i will wait for 5850 or 5770 wont be waste of time ... will that rig without new VGA solve my needs or LAGS will be waiting for me ?! ANSWER WITH DETAILS PLEASE { your previous answer was great THX }

You are going about this all wrong IMO. You don't need a whole new system. Your current motherboard can handle much better processors than the one you have now. A quad core C2D, a new PSU, a GTX 460/HD5850 and a decent monitor that isn't small and low res will cost less than the i7 system you are talking about and improve your gaming experience much more.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I know .. but they are expair { recycle } Q9400 Cpus or higher ones as i asked .... & they say i5 series is newer & works longer .. & my mobo is not even Pcie 2.0
so i have problem geting 2.1 Cards EVEN in future .. after that FSB of new CPU { 1333 } wont match with my 800 MHZ ram ,..... image this ... new house with old chairs & tables ... & new Bed & kitchen ...oh somehow my RIG gonna be OLD & NEW ... PARTS wont match .

I am using SAMSUNG 1932 Monitor which is 19inch { 1440 REZ } .. I wanted to do what you have said { jyjjy } but no one say one thing ...but about new RIG ..anyone say same thing { its great } what do you think ?

I agree, i was in a similar situation with my daughters PC a little while back and just couldn't justify spending out on a whole new system for a 1400x 900 screen.
It was a bit different for me as i had some bits and pieces kicking around and ended up swapping over to a AM2+ set up to reuse the DDR2 Ram in the system and what i had from my old system.
The reason i switched to AM2+ was due to the stupidly high prices that the C2D chips are/were (haven't looked in a while) still going for.
Apart from that difference i did basically what jyjjy has suggested and the difference is more than i would have expected to be honest.
Obviously as with all this it depends on your price point where you are in teh world but for me it worked out well and saved me ballpark £250

Mactronix :)

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I realy wanted to buyVGA , PSU , & CPU in same time ...but VAG is expensive ... & i can get PSU , Mobo , CPU , RAM in same time & a few months after i will get VGA card . Which way is better ? Remember i need to use for Long time .. ATLEAST 2 years with no LAG

That depends on the red light district surely? :ange: :lol:

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
OK OK , What would you suggest as a CPU for MY MOBO which can handle BIG VGA like 5850 ? even CPU is important for me because part of game speed depends on CPU speed .

All of the s775 CPU's are supported, so it depends on what you can afford. Spend big, get big.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010

Sorry Mouse Monkey ... i write like that to make a little space B2win each sentence & i use { } to show the importance of that word ... but if it bothers u & anyone else ... i will respect to that REQUEST . I will try to reduce those things .

It does bother me when I see my mother tongue being butchered because someone thinks they are being "Leet", so I for one would appreciate if you just stuck to the accepted form of English grammar.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Mouse Monkey .. what do you expect i am ARMENIAN ... i havnt even gone any english classes to learn even one word of english language ... so .. the reason that i can say a few words here is my TALENT .. hehe ..

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
MACTRONIX .. i5 CPU wasnt in the first benchmarks .. but second seem to be usefull for benchmarking . THANKS A LOT. all i saw in other site was that i5 760 2.8GHZ was even higher than Q9550 whereas Q9550 is more expensive .. & has 6MB of L2 C but i5 has 8MB .. i realy confused . it doesnt worth to get i5 760 ?

That's still no excuse for all the ellipses, do you see others writing in that fashion? Maybe you can use that talent of yours to learn from the examples of others and how they write, which is WITHOUT all the ellipses. :whistle:

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Ok OK , i will try , now lets get back to my problem ( i mean the QUESTION ) ,

is this sentence OK ? or i should write like this:

ok i will try now lets get back to my problem

what Exactly u want ?

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Oh i made a NEW THREAD in CPU section , guys please visit there because i cant say whole those words again , PLEASE . thread name is ( Confused a lot about CPU! ) question is about that why all cpu benchmarks are so different in different games or softwares ? for example i5 760 is not rated same in all becnhmarks , some time 750 or q9400 is higher than it , its realy unexcepted . higher CPU should work better in almost all games . like this i5 750 rated great inFALLOUT 3 . but in CRYSIS , Results were much different .

CHEAK THE LINK THAT MACTRONIX GAVE ME .

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
You need to write using proper sentences and grammar. I find it difficult when you write using broken sentences and then use excessive ellipses and brackets. One or two are acceptable in a paragraph but you should limit your use of them. If you find that you are using many brackets, then you may not be using commas correctly. I, for one, would like to see a bit more time taken when writting a post. For example I can write the previous sentence as: I (for one)... or I, for one, ... both are correct and I used ellipses properly.

An i5 certainly would be better but for an i5 you would need to buy both a new motherboard and new ram which means a lot more money.
Considering you seem to have a limited amount of money I would recommend buying a Q8300 or a used Q6600. They both have rather low base speeds but can overclock very well which takes care of that. Either of those processors when overclocked to, let's say, 3.3ghz or higher should be fine for the next few years. Your motherboard is fine for overclocking and even the stock cooler should handle 3.3ghz. The Q9xxx chips do have more cache but in general they aren't worth the extra cost.
Do NOT get an HD5850 or anything more than an HD5770 unless you are going to upgrade your monitor as well. More than that would just be a pointless waste of money.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I know I know but i want to see no LAG , even a little , will 5770 Kill all lags or after few years there would be a game which will lag on my vga ? i realy wanna buy cheaper card but wanna buy something to use for atleast 2years . GTX460 price is about 5850's but its lower than 5850 . after that ATI is better in games , isnt it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.