ASUS & faulty products.

koc88518

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
After reading through many fourms, I still see asus selling faulty products. Even after 3 months noone from Asus has figured out my problem. They stopped responding to my emails regarding about the p8z68-v mobo.

Hence this being my first build I am very glad to find out which companies not to buy from now on...

koc88518

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Well since day 1, the only way i can turn on my comp is pulling the power plug out and plugging it and then power.

I have looked everywhere for answers, but Asus tech was decent help but didnt solved anything.

Main problem is when i do turn my comp on it automatically wants me to PRESS F1 to go bios & on that same screen my ram is at 1333mhz when im running ddr3 1600mhz.

2nd. For all the people that said put it in XMP, auto, manual or w/e it doesnt work for some of us. Since the bios settting does not get saved at all. so everytime our comp turns off and turns on we have to go bios and change it again.

3rd I just read that the mobo was missing the clrtc jummper, and i just saw mine was missing as well.

seriously this mobo gave me the most hardest time ever, only if it works like its advertise to do.

If you need to press F1 everytime you power up the system, then I presume that the battery might be defective. Have you replaced it? If pressing F10 doesn't save the BIOS settings (and the battery is good), then follow sykozis' suggestion to RMA the motherboard.