bluehawkIT

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I am looking for a business that imports computer parts that have no name on them, as to create a private brand of computers. Any ideas?

Don't quit your day job.

Seriously, exactly what are you trying to do? Do you have a business plan? You are not going to be able to compete with the big box sellers, so you will need to find a niche in the market with good potential profit opportunities.

bluehawkIT

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I am looking for companies that produce ODM computer products so I can build new systems.

Cases/Laptop Frame/Power Supply

Hard Drive

Memory

DVD-RW

CPU/Motherboards

That would be the basics I would look at right now. The other components could be other "brands". I was hoping one company would be a producer or distributor of basic "unbranded" goods. Any wisdom you can pass my direction is appreciated.

bluehawkIT

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

You didn't answer the question. My business plan and niche are something I wouldn't share on the internet especially with someone who critically asks questions verses answering them. Don't quit your day job either.......

bluehawkIT

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Any ideas on Desktop/ATX Cases or a distributor of motherboard/combos?

bluehawkIT

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Thats similar to our thoughts but I needs OEM suppliers in the desktop arena?

Prepared to by CPUs by the 1000 tray? How about buying graphics cards a few hundred at a time? Thats the only way you are going to get better than retail prices on them, all parts will be branded and its best that way, as that protects your investment as you get to keep the warranty on the parts. I would stick with standard motherboards for a while because you wont be able to commission ASUS or MSI to make you a custom one, but that also leaves the issue of unlocked BIOS which can lead to more issues than a locked one if people decide to play around in it.

Anyway, unless you have a lot of capital you will need to begin as a computer assembly from retail parts deal, you arent going to be able to come anywhere near competing with HP, Dell and the like on prices unless you have quite a bit of capital to venture on the start up.