Havok88

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I recently bought an ASUS GTX460 1gb graphics card and when i installed it the fan idled then went full speed (as did all other fans) but unlike the other fans it went back to idle speeds again. it did this 4/5 times then let off 3 short beeps and one long beep, i know this is a graphics card problem and it seems to hint at power, i have a 1000 watt power supply but have only one 6 pin pci vga lead atm, the other slot i am using a 6 pin to moltex adapter that maybe the problem but it came supplied with the card so im thinking if it doesnt work with it why supply one

sorry for the lack of coherency but let me break it down

card no work please help

thanks in advance

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
The adapter itself might be bad (if the connections inside that molex connector aren't good, it might not be supplying the proper power).

Do you have another connector to try, or another card to try the connector on?

Another computer to try the GPU in?

Havok88

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
i do have another one somewhere i think

the only card i could try it one is the one i had to replace because it died

and the only other computer need alot of work to repair (as it isnt mine i dont try as hard)

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah I would really try and test your setup to see if it is in fact the connector, the power supply itself, or if it's the video card.

That would suck RMA'ing a video card only to find out that it was a bad PSU or something.