09CCh HP motherboard , whole case model hp dx6120 micro tower upgrade

emad_ramlawi

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
hi all i have a problem i have an old computer but its working fine its very old populay model called HP dx6120 MicoTower here is the Image

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/images/support/productInfo/SupportProductImage/c00284313/c00284313.jpg

it haves a motherboard with LGA socket 775 iam looking forward to upgrade and buy the Intel Pentium Dual Core 3GHz 2MB (e5700) but i cant find a bios upgrade for the mother board to accept that kind of cpu what will happen will it work ? will the motherboard accept the new cpu they both are same socket but i cant find any bios update ?

have any 1 tried it yet ?

thanks it advance

Solution
Hp systems aren't easy to upgrade. Your board has a 915g chipset; there's no chance of using any core2 duos with this motherboard. It's too old. And one photo shows a btx case; if your board is btx, I would sell the whole system intact and start over.
Hp systems aren't easy to upgrade. Your board has a 915g chipset; there's no chance of using any core2 duos with this motherboard. It's too old. And one photo shows a btx case; if your board is btx, I would sell the whole system intact and start over.

Solution