is there a way to get the "Stat FPS" command to automaticly load when i
start the game? I dislike having to open the console everytime is tart the
game jsut to show the fps.

Andrew

www.fraps.com

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:42:58 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
> <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>is there a way to get the "Stat FPS" command to automaticly load when i
>>start the game?
>
> www.fraps.com

Mmm, not interested in any third party programs, thank you though.
I guess what i want to know is there something i can enter into one of .ini
files or something in the command line to get the FPS to show at start up
and while im palying?

"Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:42:58 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
>> <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>is there a way to get the "Stat FPS" command to automaticly load when i
>>>start the game?
>>
>> www.fraps.com
>
> Mmm, not interested in any third party programs, thank you though.
> I guess what i want to know is there something i can enter into one of
> .ini files or something in the command line to get the FPS to show at
> start up and while im palying?

Bind it to a key. It'll save a few keystrokes.

<ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:

>is there a way to get the "Stat FPS" command to automaticly load when i
>start the game? I dislike having to open the console everytime is tart the
>game jsut to show the fps.

Although I hate it when people answer a question like this with "but
why would you want to do that", but....

why would you want to do that? <g>

I'm a benchmark junkie and knowing what my framerates are in any given
game is important to me. But, I don't need to *constantly* monitor my
framerates. There's enough going on in-game anyway without having one
more thing (framerates) to look at. If your system is well tuned and
you've tweaked the game to the best of your ability by running
repeated benchmarks, then there's really nothing else you can do.
Having the framerate constantly blinking in the upper right corner of
the screen can't possibly help or give you any useful information that
you can use while playing.

But to answer your question... I don't know. ;-)

"goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message

> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message

>>> www.fraps.com
>>
>> Mmm, not interested in any third party programs, thank you though.
>> I guess what i want to know is there something i can enter into one of
>> .ini files or something in the command line to get the FPS to show at
>> start up and while im palying?
>>

> Bind it to a key. It'll save a few keystrokes.

How do i bind a key to stat fps?

> "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message

>>> Mmm, not interested in any third party programs, thank you though.
>>> I guess what i want to know is there something i can enter into one of
>>> .ini files or something in the command line to get the FPS to show at
>>> start up and while im palying?
>>>

>> Bind it to a key. It'll save a few keystrokes.
>>

> How do i bind a key to stat fps?

You are a hardcore gamer who needs to know FPS all the time and binding a
key stumps you?

> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Bind it to a key. It'll save a few keystrokes.
>>>

>> How do i bind a key to stat fps?
>>

> You are a hardcore gamer who needs to know FPS all the time and binding a
> key stumps you?

Im sorry, but i never mentioned anywhere that i am a hard core gamer.
neither did i ask for a smart ass remark, i asked a simple question, if you
cant answer it because you dont know than why cause grief?

I never can grasp the mind of a child,

> "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message

>>> How do i bind a key to stat fps?
>>>

>> You are a hardcore gamer who needs to know FPS all the time and binding a
>> key stumps you?
>>

> Im sorry, but i never mentioned anywhere that i am a hard core gamer.
> neither did i ask for a smart ass remark, i asked a simple question, if
> you cant answer it because you dont know than why cause grief?
>
> I never can grasp the mind of a child,

Heh, I'm not the one so concerned with his "performance".

> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> You are a hardcore gamer who needs to know FPS all the time and binding
>>> a key stumps you?
>>>

>> Im sorry, but i never mentioned anywhere that i am a hard core gamer.
>> neither did i ask for a smart ass remark, i asked a simple question, if
>> you cant answer it because you dont know than why cause grief?
>>
>> I never can grasp the mind of a child,
>>

> Heh, I'm not the one so concerned with his "performance".

yes with the performance of my computer, not my skills while playing.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:03:57 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
<ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:

>"goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message

>>> How do i bind a key to stat fps?
>>>

>> You are a hardcore gamer who needs to know FPS all the time and binding a
>> key stumps you?
>>

>Im sorry, but i never mentioned anywhere that i am a hard core gamer.
>neither did i ask for a smart ass remark, i asked a simple question, if you
>cant answer it because you dont know than why cause grief?

I bet he does know. And so would you if you would take the time:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ut+keybind

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:03:57 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
> <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>"goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> You are a hardcore gamer who needs to know FPS all the time and binding
>>> key stumps you?
>>>

>>Im sorry, but i never mentioned anywhere that i am a hard core gamer.
>>neither did i ask for a smart ass remark, i asked a simple question, if
>>you
>>cant answer it because you dont know than why cause grief?
>
> I bet he does know. And so would you if you would take the time:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ut+keybind

THank you very much Folk. with that link you provided iwas able to search
for and find what i needed.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:15:45 -0700, Lance Ballantyne wrote:

>> I bet he does know. And so would you if you would take the time:
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ut+keybind

> THank you very much Folk. with that link you provided iwas able to search
> for and find what i needed.

So you were unable to put "ut keybind" into Google, until you had that
little prompt there? Is that what you're saying?

Linux Registered User #327951

> So you were unable to put "ut keybind" into Google, until you had that
> little prompt there? Is that what you're saying?

no, i said

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:57:18 -0700, Lance Ballantyne wrote:

>> So you were unable to put "ut keybind" into Google, until you had that
>> little prompt there? Is that what you're saying?

> no, i said
> "THank you very much Folk. with that link you provided iwas able to search
> for and find what i needed."

Right, which is the same thing as saying: "Until you showed me how to put
the words "ut keybind" into Google, I was unable to search for what I
needed". Does your mommy tie your shoes for you before you head out to
the bus stop?

Linux Registered User #327951

> needed". Does your mommy tie your shoes for you before you head out to
> the bus stop?

yes and im still breast feeding at the ripe age of 33, occasionaly, if im a
good lil man, i get spoon fed.

Your parents have any child that they didn't drop on their head?

Lance Ballantyne wrote:

> yes and im still breast feeding at the ripe age of 33, occasionaly, if im
> a good lil man, i get spoon fed.
>
> Your parents have any child that they didn't drop on their head?

LoL, this thread is getting funnier!

But Lance, could you explain howcome you didn't think of using Google.
Didn't it occur to you; didn't you know of it's existence; were you too
lazy or just in need of some casual connversation. I'm really curious,

Ursa..

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:22:35 +0200, Major Ursa <majorursa@iname.com>
wrote:

>Lance Ballantyne wrote:
>
>> yes and im still breast feeding at the ripe age of 33, occasionaly, if im
>> a good lil man, i get spoon fed.
>>
>> Your parents have any child that they didn't drop on their head?
>
>LoL, this thread is getting funnier!
>
>But Lance, could you explain howcome you didn't think of using Google.
>Didn't it occur to you; didn't you know of it's existence; were you too
>lazy or just in need of some casual connversation. I'm really curious,

Curiosity killed the cat. :p

Hmmm. That might not translate well. How about... you probably don't
want to hear the answer. ;-)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:45:03 -0500, Folk wrote:

>>But Lance, could you explain howcome you didn't think of using Google.
>>Didn't it occur to you; didn't you know of it's existence; were you too
>>lazy or just in need of some casual connversation. I'm really curious,

> ...How about... you probably don't want to hear the answer. ;-)

Most of us know the answer already. He's too ignorant to know he's
stupid. That's the answer, all right.

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:45:03 -0500, Folk wrote:
>
>>>But Lance, could you explain howcome you didn't think of using Google.
>>>Didn't it occur to you; didn't you know of it's existence; were you too
>>>lazy or just in need of some casual connversation. I'm really curious,
>
>> ...How about... you probably don't want to hear the answer. ;-)
>
> Most of us know the answer already. He's too ignorant to know he's
> stupid. That's the answer, all right.

That describes quite a few blokes I know.

Still, I am at a loss as to why the OP was so concerned about a performance
issue, and yet so unknowing that he couldn't (wouldn't) do a quick google
search. Doesn't make sense?.....

"Major Ursa" <majorursa@iname.com> wrote in message
> Lance Ballantyne wrote:
>
>> yes and im still breast feeding at the ripe age of 33, occasionaly, if im
>> a good lil man, i get spoon fed.
>>
>> Your parents have any child that they didn't drop on their head?
>
> LoL, this thread is getting funnier!
>
> But Lance, could you explain howcome you didn't think of using Google.
> Didn't it occur to you; didn't you know of it's existence; were you too
> lazy or just in need of some casual connversation. I'm really curious,
>
> Ursa..

All of the above ;)

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:45:03 -0500, Folk wrote:
>
>>>But Lance, could you explain howcome you didn't think of using Google.
>>>Didn't it occur to you; didn't you know of it's existence; were you too
>>>lazy or just in need of some casual connversation. I'm really curious,
>
>> ...How about... you probably don't want to hear the answer. ;-)
>
> Most of us know the answer already. He's too ignorant to know he's
> stupid. That's the answer, all right.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

THATS IT! I AM an ignorant idiot!

damn i never could figure it out!

thank you so much for answering the question of the universe.

THank you all so much for the flames!

THis troll incongito got his birthday wish!

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:16:00 -0700, goPostal wrote:

>>> ...How about... you probably don't want to hear the answer. ;-)

>> Most of us know the answer already. He's too ignorant to know he's
>> stupid. That's the answer, all right.

> Still, I am at a loss as to why the OP was so concerned about a performance
> issue, and yet so unknowing that he couldn't (wouldn't) do a quick google
> search. Doesn't make sense?.....

The only answer that makes any sense is that he is lazy in addition to
being stupid. Not an uncommon occurrance in today's society. Sad, really.

Linux Registered User #327951

> The only answer that makes any sense is that he is lazy in addition to
> being stupid. Not an uncommon occurrance in today's society. Sad,
> really.

WHo looks more stupid? me for being alzy orall of you trying to get my goat
by calling me names, arguing and insulting someone over the internet is
just shows how imature you are!