Sign in with
Your question

When I Restart My PC My Video Drivers Disappear???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2010 3:49:31 AM

Hey Community, so I have a intel core i5 @ 4.2ghz with 1600mhz ddr3 dual channel ram, 3 sata 500gb hdd's and 1 OCZ SSD, 2 x 465 gtx's video cards in SLI, a few fans etc, anyways I recently got the Forceware Drivers for my video cards from Guru3d.com, anyways they were working excellent, but when i went to overclock my pc i was getting all sorts of blue screens (cpu and memory related) anyways, now when i restart my pc, the video card drivers like disappear in thin air, its like when i restart, they were never installed, and btw i ran driver cleaner etc clean install with nvidia 260 drivers, but for some reason when i restart the pc, it delete's my video drivers, and im tellin u its a pain in the @ss to redo them countless times, please help me find a Fix Guys, Thanks -Jim
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 8:01:52 AM

Have you tried removing the OC on the the CPU?
m
l
October 6, 2010 8:07:35 AM

Yes Sir, I just Reinstalled Fresh Windows 7 64 Bit, Still Having the Same Issues, Except this time, Im getting a Ton of Windows Error's, and a few blue screens, idk what could be causing this, i spent $2000 on all the parts, and i just mailed in my rebates for all my parts i just bought, i have everything stock factory default in the BIOS and on Windows, there isnt anything really installed, the drivers keep uninstalling themselves, im about to take a sludge hammer to this pos!!!!! im kidding, but idk what the issue is, im gonna take all my hdd's out except my SSD that windows 7 is on, gonna strip down the system and build back up to see what i can do to fix it, wish me luck
m
l
Related resources
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 8:10:01 AM

Let's hope you didn't melt something with your OC.
m
l
October 6, 2010 8:13:50 AM

well if thats teh worst case scenario, ill RMA back anything that messed up, the only problem now from what u say, is to find out what melted if anything did.... also my overclock and overvolt was in Standard for what i did, as in intel spec for my i5 750 is 1.4v or less, mine was only at 1.3, im at stock now, hope things work out real soon what i dont understand is a full fresh install of 7, my Sli is working, but why would the drivers redo themselves? could it be a Faulty Raid setup? ever since i got my new Asus P7P55D EVO board, its practically a SLI Board, my other asus p55dle board isnt Sli, thats the only reason i got it, but since then ive been having issues on certain things in the past week, im thinking of starting off with 1 ram chip, 1 video card, 1 hdd and just mouse and keyboard plugged in and do a Full Fresh Install of windows 7, if I get any more error's ill post them on here
m
l
October 6, 2010 10:35:41 AM

-------Update----- I Stripped my pc down to barebone, with only solid state hdd, i was getting error saying my "D" Drive (Hard Drive from before) the Recycle bin on that was Corrupt, dont know what that could be, anyways i removed everything except 1 hdd cpu ram dvd drive, windows 7 64bit with no error's, its running flawless, btw i only have 1 video card in my pc atm, im going to add my 2nd 465 gtx in, also should I Reinstall my video drivers for my SLI or just leave it the way it is? cause they will both be using the same drivers, but i think it could use a reinstall, thanks guys
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 10:39:57 AM

The old drivers used to just recognise the addition of another card and advise that SLi be enabled, I haven't tried the same thing with the 260 drivers so I can't tell you what they will or will not do.
m
l
October 6, 2010 12:31:31 PM

ok sir this is what i did, remember i told u i have 2 asus mobo's, practically the same thing, except the new one supports sli, well i popped my old one in, and im not having any errors whatsoever, im starting to think that mobo is going bad, cause whatever settings in bios i put for my ram and cpu regardless, it locks teh system up with errors bsod's and whatnot, so im thinkin just to RMA that one, now do u think the mobo naturally is dying or or possibly going bad? cause im on my old asus board and im currently not having any issues with anything, also could i pop my 2nd video card n this mobo to see if it will sli? or just wait?...
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 12:38:50 PM

skater44surf said:
ok sir this is what i did, remember i told u i have 2 asus mobo's, practically the same thing, except the new one supports sli, well i popped my old one in, and im not having any errors whatsoever, im starting to think that mobo is going bad, cause whatever settings in bios i put for my ram and cpu regardless, it locks teh system up with errors bsod's and whatnot, so im thinkin just to RMA that one, now do u think the mobo naturally is dying or or possibly going bad? cause im on my old asus board and im currently not having any issues with anything, also could i pop my 2nd video card n this mobo to see if it will sli? or just wait?...

Sure why not? It's not like it's going to rip a hole in the time space continuum, either SLi will work or it won't.
m
l
October 6, 2010 12:41:28 PM

thanks, also im looking at a Way To Downgrade My Bios on that new Asus Board, Figured i would at least try that before a RMA, cause i did notice i had more issues with the new bios than with the previous one, any idea on how to " DownGrade " Bios on a Asus board?
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 12:43:54 PM

Just flash the old version on.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 12:51:22 PM

skater44surf said:
im starting to think that mobo is going bad, cause whatever settings in bios i put for my ram and cpu regardless, it locks teh system up with errors bsod's and whatnot, so im thinkin just to RMA that one, now do u think the mobo naturally is dying or or possibly going bad?

You may give a try underclocking until everything becomes quite stable.I had a similar issue in my system when the heatsinks and fans started giving very low performance because of too much accumulated dust.But hey if you can get a new one by doing RMA, its always better.
m
l
October 6, 2010 12:53:03 PM

ok, i was thinkin maybe the cpu or ram could be bad, but if that was the case i wouldnt be on my pc right now!, so i take it somethin in the bios is messed up with that mobo, reason i say that is cause it WILL NOT LET ME PUT SPEEDSTEP ON IT TO SAVE ITS LIFE, IDK why but when i put that new bios on it, would not let me turn intel speedstep on, it would always show disabled, also that bios is a bit more fishy than this asus board im on now, there identical, but that new one acts very buggy, i pray man that this downgraded bios works, i dont wanna wait weeks for a used mobo which will probably happen...
m
l
October 6, 2010 12:59:30 PM

the board im on now is a Asus P7P55D LE Mobo and the Messed up one with SLI is Asus P7P55D EVO, There Almost Identical, Bios's are exactly the same, now im on the 2nd newest bios on this old mobo, i didnt update it cause i got my new board, also i WILL NOT update the bios seeing im having issues with the new board / new bios, its gonna take some time cause i have to take off the huge zalman copper cpu cooler and whatnot, hopefully i am able to downgrade the bios, but you guys have any clue what could have caused the motherboard to go wacko? or would you just think its that new bios that probably wasnt properly tested before release? Btw Your Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated, Im Glad I can talk to Some PPL about this issue, thanks guys -Jim
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 3:12:37 PM

Peculiar... try checking on speedstep after your system becomes stable.To stabilize,underclock the FSB by like 50MHz raise the VCore,chipset,CPU,CPU&FSB voltages a little and monitor your temps.
temps will be at high now but will fall as the system stabilizes(may take some days)
slowly get back to stock settings with care and then do optimized default - may solve the driver problem,then check on speedstep.
m
l
October 6, 2010 4:38:19 PM

I called Asus TEch Support, Long Story Short, He had me Reset My Cmos Settings, Didnt have to take the battery out but there was a Button I press on the back of the mobo, weird right?, well anyways i did that, i tried all the ways to downgrade my bios, but it seems it just wont take it, so the pc feels stable, it doesnt uninstall my video drivers atm from what i seen the past hour from restarts, but it seems all my problems were Bios Related, and it wont let me even do a simple overclock on this pc, so i might just RMA the board afterall
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 4:45:29 PM

yes dat seems 2 b d best optn left 4 u now
m
l
October 8, 2010 6:19:28 AM

So I went out and Took My Motherboard back to the place I got IT Which is Microcenter, I got a P7P55D-E Pro Mobo, Ok so Im still having the same Issues with this board, im getting BSOD's, but there not Blue instead it turns my screen WHITE and doesnt Tell Me what the Error Is, I called Asus Tech and Microcenter, the asus tech told me 90% of BSOD's are Memory Related, but when i get a blue screen it doesnt show anything, the screen went white and pc shut off :( , So i ran memtest a few times and it passed with NO ERROR's, im curious to what else could be the problem, i was thinking the psu but im running 1 video card now to test the stability of the system, also too a little info, i was checking out this cpu z and it shows my 12V-voltage is at 11.93v, isnt that supposed to be 12v+ and nothing lower???? Its a 750 watt GX Series silver rated 80% efficiency 60amp Single 12V Rail Coolermaster PSU, now im thinking its probably a PSU issue, im getting random BSOD's but as i said it doesnt SHOW a blue screen, it Turns the whole screen WHITE and Pc shuts off, as i said i ran memtest and no errors at Factory Settings with CPU and RAM Manually Timings Set and Voltage on Ram Set, please help a brotha out :) , Thanks Guys -Jim
m
l
October 8, 2010 6:20:44 AM

oh btw My Video Drivers Uninstalled Themselves in thin air again, I just had to reinstall them, idk what is goin on with this pc...........................?
m
l
!