PSU HELP

is this power supply good enough for i5 760 and XFX 6870 black edition

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371035
12 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Yeah its fine, but if you are willing to deal with rebates you can pick up an XFX 650W unit for slightly more after MIR and shipping, its got enough power to let you throw in another 6870 in CF in a year or so for a nice performance boost
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207007
  2. The TP-650 is only $7 more ( at Newegg, shipping costs included ), only $5 more than the after rebate cost of the XFX, and $25 less up front.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371021
  3. Change my vote to that TP650 if you want to be able to crossfire in the future


    Davcon, why dont you like the delta versions? They are slightly more powerful and bronze rated until of 80+ basic, and including shipping the EA500D is only $2 more than the EA500
  4. i am getting a deal with this power supply so i have to go with this one i am not gonna do cross fire so that wont be my concern. I would only look for another power supply if this 1 is too riskey to buy . so is it that bad or it will do the work ?
  5. davcon said:
    Antec earthwatts EA500 500W -Seasonic OEM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371007

    That's the "D"elta.
    Check the label.
  6. hunter315 said:
    Change my vote to that TP650 if you want to be able to crossfire in the future


    Davcon, why dont you like the delta versions? They are slightly more powerful and bronze rated until of 80+ basic, and including shipping the EA500D is only $2 more than the EA500

    It's not that i don't like the Delta model it has to do with the fact that the OP lives in Pakistan.
    This is the only retailer i know of in Pakistan.
    http://www.galaxy.pk/powersupply.htm
    I was just trying to be helpful recommending the best units based on price.
    I have no idea how much shipping costs from USA to Pakistan.
    But i'll say this Newegg.ca shipping costs within Canada are terrible imo.
    Just an observation.
  7. It will do just fine, if you are getting it for less than its listed on newegg then its a pretty good deal and will handle a 6870 fine, i have an EA500 running a 4850 with no problems at all.
  8. Thanks a lot guyz i really appreciate the help

    and i more thing is it possible to over clock i5 760 at stock cooling just a little bit like 3.2 ghz
  9. davcon said:
    It's not that i don't like the Delta model it has to do with the fact that the OP lives in Pakistan.
    This is the only retailer i know of in Pakistan.
    http://www.galaxy.pk/powersupply.htm

    I thought that was another thread
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/299896-28-which#bas
  10. delluser1 said:

    That's fine you've made your point!
    I stand corrected.
    And this is probably the 4rth thread from the OP asking the same question.
  11. davcon said:
    That's fine you've made your point!
    I stand corrected.
    And this is probably the 4rth thread from the OP asking the same question.

    Wasn't trying to make a point.
    I didn't know that this OP is from Pakistan, just recalled another thread we were in earlier, where the OP was from Pakistan.
    Sorry
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel i5 Components Product