Can I get Comcast programming with a Hauppauge PVR 2250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikhan209

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
We all know Comcast converted their channels to digital from analog. With their conversion to digital for more HD we can't just plug the cable wire to the back of the TV anymore. I'd like to build a HTPC for my garage, I don't want another STB from them for two reasons, A. the STBs are crap and B. My family is already leasing 3 boxes from them and I think they don't deserve anymore money from us. I know the Ceton InfiniTV 4 can get programming but I'd have to shell out $400 and lease a CableCARD from CC. On top of that I don't need HD in the garage. When they converted to digital my PVR 150 became useless. I can only get local channels. If I get a Hauppauge PVR 2250 can I get Comcast programming? I only need channels like ESPN, MTV, SPIKE, etc. not premium channels or PPV. Please let me know

Solution
From what I have read, most people who buy these enjoy channels for a while, then suddenly they quit and the channels are scrambled again. So it may work for a while, and it seems to kind of vary with where you live, but I read lots of people are being disappointed trying to use these.
Bottom line, if you have Comcast programming, you might as well face the fact you are going to have to rent or buy their hardware to view it.
From what I have read, most people who buy these enjoy channels for a while, then suddenly they quit and the channels are scrambled again. So it may work for a while, and it seems to kind of vary with where you live, but I read lots of people are being disappointed trying to use these.
Bottom line, if you have Comcast programming, you might as well face the fact you are going to have to rent or buy their hardware to view it.

Solution

ikhan209

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I thought so but I wanted to makes sure. Oh well I guess we're leasing another one! 11 more months left on the contract, when it's over hello DirecTV and bye bye Comcrap. I'm keeping they're internet and phone though. Unless Verizon stops teasing people and actually bringing FiOS to my area!

Status
Not open for further replies.