Graphic card failure?

G

Current system: MB-MSI P6N SLI platinum. Graphic card- EVGA 8800 GTS 320. P/S- Corsair 620W SLI certified. Memory- Crucial Ballistix 4X 1GB DDR2 800. Processor- Core 2 DUO E6750. Case- Lian Li Tower W/front rear and side fans.
Hard Drives-2 320 gig in RAID 0. OS- Windows Vista 64.
Problem: While playing CC3 Kanes...Computer locked-up with blue diagonal lines running through display. Restarted computer- vertical lines on display and letters and or symbols during system boot-up. Computer "tries" to boot Windows, but display just goes blank. I can boot to Safe mode with vertical lines in display. I re-seated graphics card and visually inspected without removing cover or fan. I checked BIOS Temp and voltage readings. CPU temps and system temp were at 35/40 respectively. Voltages were correct and rock steady- 12V = 12.144. Performed system memory test with no failure.
I do not have another graphic card to try swap-tronics. If I buy another card what would you suggest? I play WOW and would probably play Diablo 3, Starcraft 2. I would like to stick with Nvidia. Thanks in advance for any help.

G

That won't be "too much card" for my current system?