HELP ME PLS.....

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
GTX 460 , 470 or 480 each of them is great no need to SLI them . & why dont you want ATI product ? do u have a bad experment from them? ATI makes perfect cards recently . for example 5850 . i researched a lot about 5850 . its very great card or higher 5870 . but please tell me why you Dislike ATI CARDS ?

Perhaps because the drivers are not all that? :whistle:

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
so what u gonna say about videos of 5850 in youtube ? they were showing maxedout games on 5850 runing smoothly . & then Drivers ... i realy dont know whats going on . any one say diffrente thigns , if its true then no one is satisfy about ati cards , no ?

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
WIll that day comes that ATI solve the problems with DRIVERS ? & the point is that both NVIDIA & ATI has good & bad sides , should i mention all of them or you know them ?

A quote from one of our very own THG reviews says it all really.
AMD's driver installation either goes just as smoothly as Nvidia's or get ornery. The best-case scenario is that you plug the graphics cards into the mainboard, connect them with a CrossFire bridge, start the system, and install the driver. The worst-case scenario is that cards aren’t recognized by the drivers. If you drop back to only having one card inserted, the driver will install, but as soon as the second card is plugged in, the Catalyst Control Center (AMD's graphics driver interface) returns error messages complaining about missing files, preventing access to the CrossFire settings.

Source.

Similar issues are reported by users with only a single card.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
But important thing is the performance of the games , not CUDA & physix . i think you like NVIDA thats why u dislike AT or something else . research better . arnt benchmakrs showing the right thing ?

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
ATI drivers are definatly hit and miss. I have tried upgrading to the newer drivers when they come out a few times and found that even though they may improve one or two things, they mess up one or two things. The best thing I found for running a 5850 and also running two 5850 is the 10.4 drivers. However other uses have found that a different driver set works best for their system. With so much customizabilty of systems there is no easy solution. Just keep trying and see what works is my motto when it comes to ATI. I never had this problem with my previous NVidia setup. Only went with ATI as Femi wasn't out and wasn't looking too good. I would say that overall ATI isn't bad, they fight well against NVidia. It's just that from day to day one is better then the other. ATI has the fastest single card but Femi has more options.

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
^Who told you Ati has fastest single card.Gtx 480 smokes 5870.And 5970 is a dual gpu card so compare it with dual gtx480.
Yes the 480 does beat a 5870 but the 5970 is still a single card even though it has a dual GPU. It is therefore the fastest single card, not the fastest single GPU, that belongs to the 480 as you stated.

Which honour is more important fastest single card or fastest single gpu.I would say the latter is more important than former.
Fastest single GPU is what does it for me, so I would say the latter rather than the former. If one of those GPU's on a dual GPU card is not used or fails then the card is no longer the fastest single card is it? Which is just what you said although I don't think it's what you meant to say.

This is hilarious, some guy who knows NOTHING about video cards expresses a preference for nVidia (with obviously no reason since he calls a video card a VGA card, showing ZERO knowledge) and it turns into an ATi vs. nVidia debate. Mousemonkey was right the first time, if the guy's stupid enough to actually give a damn about brand, it's his funeral not ours. Mousemonkey was correct in his assessment that the nVidia GeForce GTX 480 will give the best performance. :sol:

T.V.M. [:mousemonkey:4]

I'll play devil's advocate and say that I agree, but if one of the GPUs on a Radeon HD 5970 fails, it will be faster than a similarly-afflicted GTX 480 since one GPU failing on a one-GPU card results in performance that would be exceeded by an old ATi EGA Wonder. :sol:

True, but it would be a lot easier to diagnose.

TommyV

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I don't like it that ATI decided to stop supporting linux. I have only owned two ATI cards in my lifetime a 9700 PRO and my current HD 4850, and I have had to RMA both cards, but only after a couple of years of use each.

I only use a one card setup and I really like ATI, but my next card will be a gtx460 because of how well it runs games at 1600x1080 and it is affordable (around $200)

I really try to be a fanboy, but value for my dollar always comes first.

next card --- NVidia (well, unless the ATI prices come down)

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Is it ATI's design or could it be the supplier (MSI, ASUS, etc.)? Sometimes people blame the designer rather then the designer for a fulty card. I have had experience with a few suppliers providing bad cards when the design was sound and had no problems.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
have you seen with your own eyes that ATI cards work bad on systems ? because my friend had 4850 & i saw no LAG when he was playing Crysis maxed out . somehow ATI cards kill all lags . Nvidia can run games very great , but some lags never leave therire place in games on NVIDIA cards . dont know but ATI has something special . NVIDIA makes more noise . it overheats & is too expensive & only latest Nvidia cards have DX 11 . but i wondered why theire bandwideth are that high than natrual cards . but any way they havnt solve the laging problems .