Sign in with
Your question

CrossfireX support?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 31, 2011 12:38:17 AM

So I'm looking to upgrade my mobo from an ASUS M4N68T-M V2 to something that is an ATX form factor versus a micro-ATX and one that I could Crossfire in the future. Now to my question: I am looking at mobos on Newegg and I see ones like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... that say that it "Support ATI CrossFireX" but it only has only 1 PCIe X16 slot running at X16 and one running at X4. And from what I am reading about Crossfire, you need atleast 2 x8s to even bothering to Crossfire, so why does it say that is supports it? Am I reading the listing wrong or something?

More about : crossfirex support

October 31, 2011 11:09:54 AM

So something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... would be a good choice? It's one of few ones I could find that would run 2 cards at x16 (I'm assuming at least since they just list 2 x16 slots and don't say that one is running at less than that) and is AM3+.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2011 11:44:05 AM

Plenty of MOBOs support CFX 2-way, 3-way, 4-way...
The one you linked in the first post, i don't see anywhere CFX support.
For eg. Gigabyte UD3 MOBOs support 2-way CF/SLI, UD5 support 3-way CF/SLI, UD- supports 4-way CF/SLI
m
l
October 31, 2011 2:25:30 PM

The reason I want to upgrade my mobo in the first place is because the Graphics Card that came with my computer is a Radeon HD 5450 (low end, I know) but the mobo they gave me is an micro-ATX that runs PCIe 1.0 x16 and not PCIe 2.0 x16. I want my computer to be a little more future proof, so I want room to upgrade in the future to more RAM, and better Graphics Cards (with the ability to Crossfire it so I don't have to buy the biggest and baddest Graphics Card once mine becomes a bit dated, I can throw another one of my slightly older Graphics Cards and Crossfire it for speedier performance). The graphics card that I am looking at to put into the new mobo is a Radeon HD 6850 or better (at same price) if one comes out by the time I buy (~2 months)
More System info (since I completely forgot to include it in my first post):
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (3.2GHz)
Mobo: ASUS M4N68T-M V2
Case: AzzA Orion
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 5450
RAM: 4GB (2x2GB)
m
l
!