Your question

Help with prebuilt Gaming PC around $1,000

Tags:
  • Prebuilt Systems
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 30, 2010 1:19:25 PM

Any advice on a prebuilt gaming pc would be appreciated.

Budget Range: Ideally, $1,000, but can go up to $1200-1300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, then work (Citrix, Word, etc.) and surfing the internet

Parts Not Required: Monitor, keyboard, mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: N/A

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Intel - from what I've been reading, probably I5-760; 6870 video card

Overclocking: Unless it's something that comes with the prebuilt, no, as I don't know much about this

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: 90% of my time on the PC will be spent gaming (Everquest). I currently have a 4-year old Dell XPS, and I lag out even with the lowest settings on the game. I'd like to be able to run the game without lag on the highest settings.

I know from reading these forums that building your own vs. buying pre-built is much cheaper, but I'm not handy in the least bit with computers, would be nervous about trying to build my own, and don't mind spending the extra money for the comfort of a prebuilt.

From reading the forums also, it looks like Ibuypower and Cyberpowerpc (which look to be the same company) have decent prebuilts. The problem I have when I try to use their configurators to order a prebuilt pc is I have no idea which parts are junky or compatible with other parts.

I'm not looking for something that I can upgrade, but rather something that will last a good 3-4+ years before I have to upgrade to the next computer. I'd also like something low maintenance, and somewhat quiet (the computer is in our bedroom - do the cases all have to have that bright neon lighting?).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

More about : prebuilt gaming 000

November 30, 2010 5:40:53 PM

Can you wait a month or so cause Intel new CPU's are coming in early Jan next year and also AMD will be launching its 6900 series GPU's so if u want your system to last long time then i suggest to wait a bit to buy new gen components.
m
l
!