Need help Understanding drivers for gtx 460

kosaku30

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Hey everyone. I just had a quick question. I have a MSI Gtx 460 1gb. I am trying to reinstall my video card drivers hoping that it will fix a problem I am getting with a blue screen of death. Do I first uninstall all the initial drivers that say nvidia next to it and then reinstall all of them? And in addition, I noticed I could download drivers from the nvidia website and the msi website. Which one do I download and install or do I get both? Thanks for your help!

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
If i was you, i would just download the drivers from the Nvidia website and install them. They should replace your current drivers (or you should get the option to replace them) and should fix the problem IF the problem is with the drivers.

Where did you get the drivers from initially?

kosaku30

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010

the cd that came with the graphics card. I installed everything from there.

kosaku30

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010

Although I'm sure this is a dumb question, just to verify, I use one or the other right?

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
You can use the drivers that came from the CD or the updated, newest drivers from Nvidia's web site. Most will recommend using the newest drivers as they tend to quash a lot of bugs that the old drivers that come with a CD will have.