Sign in with
Your question

Need help Understanding drivers for gtx 460

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2010 4:09:19 PM

Hey everyone. I just had a quick question. I have a MSI Gtx 460 1gb. I am trying to reinstall my video card drivers hoping that it will fix a problem I am getting with a blue screen of death. Do I first uninstall all the initial drivers that say nvidia next to it and then reinstall all of them? And in addition, I noticed I could download drivers from the nvidia website and the msi website. Which one do I download and install or do I get both? Thanks for your help!
October 6, 2010 4:44:56 PM

If i was you, i would just download the drivers from the Nvidia website and install them. They should replace your current drivers (or you should get the option to replace them) and should fix the problem IF the problem is with the drivers.

Where did you get the drivers from initially?
m
l
October 6, 2010 4:54:56 PM

Hello,

Both drivers can be used. Just make sure before installing new drivers to remove any old drivers.

Regards.
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2010 4:58:29 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
If i was you, i would just download the drivers from the Nvidia website and install them. They should replace your current drivers (or you should get the option to replace them) and should fix the problem IF the problem is with the drivers.

Where did you get the drivers from initially?

the cd that came with the graphics card. I installed everything from there.
m
l
October 6, 2010 5:14:59 PM

yakmar said:
Hello,

Both drivers can be used. Just make sure before installing new drivers to remove any old drivers.

Regards.

Although I'm sure this is a dumb question, just to verify, I use one or the other right?
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 6, 2010 5:18:14 PM

Just download and install the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 6, 2010 5:30:04 PM

You can use the drivers that came from the CD or the updated, newest drivers from Nvidia's web site. Most will recommend using the newest drivers as they tend to quash a lot of bugs that the old drivers that come with a CD will have.
m
l
October 6, 2010 6:41:29 PM

kosaku30 said:
the cd that came with the graphics card. I installed everything from there.

Just download the drivers from Nvdia =)
m
l
a c 595 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 6, 2010 6:45:12 PM

Before installing the new/latest drivers off the Nvidia website, please first uninstall the old drivers using the Add/Remove programs list in the Control Panel. Uninstall anything that says Nvidia, then restart and install the new drivers.
m
l
!