Evga p55 sli intel i-5 750 new build issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussrods

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
Good day folks,
New build:
evga p55 SLI
Intel i-5 750, no OC at this time
evga 8800gtx
corsair XMS3 2x2gb..9-9-9-24 at 1.65 volts
PC P&C Silencer 750
xygmatek S-1283
WD blue caviar 500g
Antec 900
Sony dvd rw.

It has been a while I guess a good thing given the nature of most topics, "glitches". Well, I have a glitch I can not figure out, please help.
I am having memory problems with a new build, memtest 86 v3.5a run on each stick of memory seperately finds no errors, in combination, it fails on the first test. I had even worse post and windows 7 startup problems with my new build and RMA'd the mobo, and hard drive, so both are new to me.
With one stick of RAM, the computer functions, and will function "normally all day, sleep mode and recovery, restart, shut down and start, but when left overnite in shutdown, the errors return. I have a new set of memory sticks coming, same as I have, I will see what happens with them, but if anyone has had these types of issues and found a resolution, I would greatly appreciate any input.
The memtest results with both sticks is this: lowest error address, test 0 23 errors. 0007f800000, 2040OMB.

Thanks in advance. I will update when the new RAM arrives.

Solution
Figures, I thought it sounded funny. I just copied from the PDF online manual here . It checks out on the QVL, always my fallback. I would try RMAing the memory. I know it passed the memory test individually but maybe if you could test it in another board as a pair? It could just be that they're not compatible with each other. I know, straws, but nothing else makes sense.

suteck

Distinguished
^+1 @ vindictive Yes, Follow these guidelines
One DIMM: If using 1 DIMM (Single Channel), install into: DIMM slot 1.
Two DIMMs: If using 2 DIMMs (Dual Channel), install into: DIMM slots 1 and 3.
Four DIMMS: If using 4 DIMMs (Dual Channel), install into: DIMM slots 2, 1, 4, and 3.
What is the exact number on your memory? Looks something like CMV4GX3M2A1333C9

nussrods

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
vindictive, yes, the grey slots, 1, and 3.
JSC, yes the voltage on the stick is 1.65, and yes it was changed in the bios.
Suteck, the slots are numbered 0,1,2,3, and the 2 sticks go in 1, and 3, the exact number is: CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 1600 mhz 2x2gb.
Thanks guys, it was really stubborn this time, I had to run start-up repair to get it to boot.

suteck

Distinguished
Figures, I thought it sounded funny. I just copied from the PDF online manual here . It checks out on the QVL, always my fallback. I would try RMAing the memory. I know it passed the memory test individually but maybe if you could test it in another board as a pair? It could just be that they're not compatible with each other. I know, straws, but nothing else makes sense.

Solution

nussrods

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
Gents,
Well, I am only 30 minutes into the 2 new Corsair sticks of RAM, but the damn thing actually started 2 times in a row without a BSOD, nor the Windows 7 start up disc. Please keep your fingers crossed, I will again update tomorrow morning as it has never remembered how to start overnight! I thank you all very much. Even got in a couple of sessions of COD modern warefare2! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.